PDA

View Full Version : won lemon law/fuel injectors

fishhead
11-08-2004, 20:16
FYI
I have a 2002 and I have had my injectors replaced 3 times (all 8) I was going to arbitration and had just got my truck back after 36 days (#3rd set of injectors) I started smelling diesel and the service light came on (glow plug....my 7th on replaced) took it to the dealership replaced 2 glow plugs and was told nothing was wrong. Two days later my husband was driving the truck and diesel started pouring out. I had to have it towed back to the dealership again.....more than likely it will be set #4. I started having injector problems around 36,000 miles and have had three sets within 30,000 miles. And we do change the fuel filter all the time. Just got news today...the arbitrator ruled in my favor....Chevy has to buy back my truck!!! The question remains if anything has changed with the 2005 and what will I buy.
tongue.gif
Marci

matt-max
11-09-2004, 07:29
sorry to hear of the troubles with your truck....must be incredibly frustrating. makes me feel fortunate to have over 100k miles almost completely trouble free on mine.

give the new one a good look, i like it fine.

matt

More Power
11-09-2004, 09:13
Marci,

Sounds like you finally are getting what GM should have offered sooner. This many injector issues would frustrate anyone.

I would however, suggest that loose/leaking fuel return lines are among the known causes for fuel/oil dilution problems, and some of these are due to improper assembly of the fuel return line fittings - not necessarily a defect in an injector. These could be due to factory assembly errors or later servicing dealer errors.

Good luck with a future Duramax. I suspect you'll have better success.

MP

koolgt
11-09-2004, 15:46
july we start the 06's:) those are nice lil motors

ccole
11-09-2004, 17:32
koolgt...
Is there any changes in the '06 that you can fill us in on at this time? Just curious!! :cool: :cool: