PDA

View Full Version : Attention Predator Owners: Revision Upgrade Instructions!

RWTD
09-08-2003, 07:49
Due to an overwhelming response to DiabloSport's latest revision upgrade for the Duramax, I have been asked to post this information in the forum so many owners of the Predator will have the proper information on the revision upgrade, and what to do in order to receive the revision upgrade. Please note, this is not a required update.

The newest revision is v1.07, and the tune levels will be as such: 0, 40, 65, 85, 120 rwhp
Naturally the end-user ability to adjust tire size and axle ratio parameters, as well as speed limiters, will still be standard and included.

All the tunes are new and have been substantially improved upon on the prior last tune update, and all the issues with the overboost codes and triggering limp mode, that some have experienced, have been rectified. These new tunes will consist of greatly improved power, less smoke, excellent shifting (like stock), and lower EGT's. The 65 should put out around 75, the 85 around 100, and the 120 between 115 and 130 depending on the modifications of the vehicle.

Here are the instructions for any current Predator customer that wishes to have revision upgrades performed:

Dear Predator Customer,

In an effort to keep the DiabloSport Predator at the forefront of technology, DiabloSport will offer revisions to the various Predator
applications when need be.

The following procedure needs to be followed to return a used Predator for a revision update.

Please contact DiabloSport at general@diablosport.com , title the e-mail "Duramax Revision", to receive an RMA number (units received with out an RMA will be returned to the shipper).

End users Predators must be returned to DiabloSport directly for update, not the selling dealer. Updates will be offered free of charge; customer only needs to pay round trip freight.

Emails MUST include:

1: Name
2: Return Address
3: Daytime Phone Number
4: Year / Make / Model of Vehicle
5: Method of Payment for Return Shipping Fee
(Please call this info in if you would like)

If any of this information is missing, an RMA will not be issued.

Thank You,
DiabloSport Tech Department
561-908-0040
general@diablosport.com

[ 09-08-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil ]

AlanL
09-08-2003, 08:16
Before returning the predator(but after getting an RMA number), must the user restore the factory programming into the truck and use the truck that way until the updated unit arrives?

If not, how will the updated predator be able to backup the factory information out of the computer the first time that it is plugged into the truck?

Thanks,
-Al

NFLDMAX
09-08-2003, 08:22
Alan....the last time I sent my predator in for an update, it had to return my truck back to the factory settings.

RWTD
09-08-2003, 08:57
Al, yes sir, you are correct, and as NFLDMAX. Here is part of the reply you will receive back once you send in the above information:

Dear Predator/Duramax Customer,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Predator/Duramax Revision.

The following procedure needs to be followed to return a used Predator for a revision update.

Please plug the Predator into your vehicle and restore the Factory/Stock tune to the vehicle (See operators manual). This must be done to update the unit. Predators received with out the stock tune having been removed, will be shipped back to the customer untouched.Thanks!

king D
09-08-2003, 17:24
james can i just return stock tune and ship to diablko for that speacial tune we talked about or do i need to send it to you to send to them ....jess

Phil B.
09-08-2003, 20:24
It will be interesting to see if v1.07 really reduces the towing EGTs by any appreciable amount.

Phil B.

RWTD
09-08-2003, 22:42
Originally posted by king D:
james can i just return stock tune and ship to diablko for that speacial tune we talked about or do i need to send it to you to send to them ....jess Jess, I'd rather you get this v1.07 upgrade first, and then we'll go with what we talked about earlier, bud (if that is okay with you, otherwise we'll still do it, but through me being the special circumstance that it is).

Sincerely...

RWTD
09-15-2003, 14:05
Just wanted to continue informing all the current DiabloSport customers about the new revision upgrade that is being offered to them. I'm still getting a lot of requests concerning this, and I wanted to make sure that everyone is still seeing the proper method on having their update performed, since so many are saying they come from here.

Sincerely...

[ 09-15-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil ]

jesshd
09-16-2003, 04:57
Does anyone have any information on how long the turnaround on this is?

Jess

RWTD
09-16-2003, 07:10
Originally posted by jesshd:
Does anyone have any information on how long the turnaround on this is?Jess, the turn around time should be between 3 and 5 days once they receive it to upgrade it and get it back to you, depending on where you live, and what method of shipping you requested.

Sincerely...