PDA

View Full Version : 3500 Downpipe

Ltrainracing
09-07-2003, 20:11
I have a 2004 3500 DMAx, and am wondering if putting an after market larger downpipe will help me truck. Also is it worth the $150. thanks

Also what style tips do you guys prefer. Stright or Angle? thank

Ltrainracing
09-07-2003, 20:13
sorry should be MY truck. And also if i should put downpipe on what brand and from where. thanks

Jesus Freak
09-07-2003, 20:20
Hey LTrainracing,

just noticed we have the same truck :D . How did you get the 04 already? I've been thinking about a exhaust system myself, not sure what yet?

Good luck...

a64pilot
09-08-2003, 06:11
I just put a angle extension tip on mine. IMHO the Dmax smokes so little you don't need a down pipe.

Ltrainracing
09-08-2003, 11:01
I have bought many truckas and cars from Bergey's GMC in PA. One of the family members (Renita)Bergey called me up and asked if i was intereseted after i called her asking about a dually. So she got it as a promo type piece and drove in a parade and then handed it over. thanks

mdrag
09-08-2003, 11:51
Ltrainracing,

I recommend checking with the source of the aftermarket 'downpipe' to verify that you are both referring to the same part. Most consider the downpipe as the part of the exhaust that attaches to the turbo outlet manifold and turns downward between the firewall and the rear of the engine, ending at about the level of the frame rail at the circular exhaust clamp.

However, may of the exhaust ads claim to offer a downpipe when in fact they are selling the portion of the exhaust that attaches to the downpipe at the circular clamp and assumes a more horizontal positon.

If you look through the pics of Kennedy's exhaust at the first link in my sig, you will see an 'L' shaped piece of exhaust that attaches to the true downpipe. Many incorrectly call this the downpipe - including my descriptions of this exhaust piece below the photos :eek: , and it is/was/continues to be a source of minor confusion. I probably should correct the pics...