PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiter

Raptorrider2001
08-13-2002, 14:25
As posted elsewhere to Dinky Diesel, I am still trying to figure out how to drive this thing. Especially from hard standing starts. Last time I tried to power brake it and started off by manually putting it in 1st gear. Left the line with tires burning and wheels hopping, but didn't get far until it banged out the rev limiter and it fell flat on it's face. It happened so fast, I didn't get a look at the tach. Does anyhone know what rpm the limiter is set at? :confused:

Landscaper
08-13-2002, 19:19
3400 Rpms

PEANUTGRWR
08-13-2002, 20:30
IF YOURE LOOKING FOR A GOOD RACE LAUNCH YOURE GOING ABOUT IT THE WRONG WAY. JUST LEAVE IT IN DRIVE AND LET THE TCM DO THE SHIFTING FOR YOU IT KNOWS WHEN TO SHIFT WAY BETTER THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE. DONT BRING THE RPMS UP MUCH MORE THAN 1500 THAT IS IF YOU HAVE THE JUICE. IF YOU DONT YOU CAN BRING THEM UP A LITTLE MORE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GET OFF THE LINE BETTER.

Raptorrider2001
08-15-2002, 20:05
Thanks! Forsure, I need to get out and practice. They are having a "family night" and you can run whoever this Sat. not to far from here and I would like to go but don't feel like I am ready yet. I guess it would be fun anyway but would hate to give the D/A a bad name. :rolleyes:

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Raptorrider2001 ]</p>