PDA

View Full Version : Paul Nelson

ChevysRus
11-21-2002, 18:24
They closed that topic fast, I guess we were off subject, anyway I got the grille and the surround from S. A. Motor Sports in Los Angeles, CA. It is a complete replacement for the stock grill and surround. I had the surround painted to match the truck (Pewter) and installed the surround and the grill. The Billet Bowtie is probably the same everywhere and I can't remember the brand. It also came from SA Motorsports.

They make a new grille now that slides in over the honeycomb stock grille and covers it. The new bar grille is thiner and is almost flush with the surround. It is an easy install and you don't have to cut out the honeycomb stock grille. I don't like it as well, but they sell a lot of them.

The one I have was a simple install took about 2 hours total. I kept the old stock grill and surround in case I want to switch to a newer truck, but whoa, it won't fit the '03 that's for sure.

And yes the truck is much faster now and as the air rushes through those shiny billet chrome plated bars the truck just says Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mdrag
11-21-2002, 18:39
Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 Accessories forum.

When topics are moved, they are usually closed. If you look at the upper left hand portion of the screen below the picture of the crew cab dually - it will say what forum the post was moved to.

mdrag

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>