PDA

View Full Version : Compression ratio of new motors...

Dvldog 8793
07-11-2005, 13:22
Howdy
This just in from AMGeneral....
The compression ratio of the new 6.5 (2002 - up) is listed as 20.2:1 .
Just thought I would share this info as I think this a change from what they were from the factory, 22.0:1 ???
L8r
Conley Janssen

DA BIG ONE
07-11-2005, 23:26
Originally posted by Dvldog 8793:
Howdy
This just in from AMGeneral....
The compression ratio of the new 6.5 (2002 - up) is listed as 20.2:1 .
Just thought I would share this info as I think this a change from what they were from the factory, 22.0:1 ???
L8r
Conley Janssen I suspect my 99 burb w/navistar blk is 19.0:1 (higher HP/TQ), just like GM reported in its marketing efforts. However, there are some who dispell this as never making it into production.

Then, I, nor anyone else knew we had the enhanced block until someone here found out how to properly identify them.

Dvldog 8793
07-12-2005, 04:42
Howdy
My old block is now a cracked "ENHANCED" GM block. After talking to Navistar and GEP(AMGenaral) Supposedly the real "ENHANCED" blocks never made it inot vehicles until late 2000. WHo knows??? My truck was also a HO motor and had all the clues to being an enhanced block with exception of the Navistar logo. I am thinking GM was blowing smoke knowing that they were going to drop the engine.
Everyone that I've asked about the factory low comp motors doesn't have any FACTS about them.
:D
DA BIG ONE - what kind of output does your compressor have? I'm looking for an onboard for my welding rig but need something in the 6+cfm rating.
L8r
Conley

DA BIG ONE
07-13-2005, 01:44
Originally posted by Dvldog 8793:
Howdy
My old block is now a cracked "ENHANCED" GM block. After talking to Navistar and GEP(AMGenaral) Supposedly the real "ENHANCED" blocks never made it inot vehicles until late 2000. WHo knows??? My truck was also a HO motor and had all the clues to being an enhanced block with exception of the Navistar logo. I am thinking GM was blowing smoke knowing that they were going to drop the engine.
Everyone that I've asked about the factory low comp motors doesn't have any FACTS about them.
:D
DA BIG ONE - what kind of output does your compressor have? I'm looking for an onboard for my welding rig but need something in the 6+cfm rating.
L8r
Conley How many miles before block failed, what was the failure, and what "H" # did it have?

I do not know the rating, but will find out for you, it does inflate my tires to 80 psi in short order.