PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech/shifting?

scottie40
01-30-2004, 17:09
Iam running the Hypertech programer set a level 3,Banks Cat back,and a K&N filter in the stock air box.The truck has a lot of pull thats for sure but Iam wondering about the shifting. Its an auto. and when I stand on the pedal it shifts through the gears real quick almost to quick. It only spends a little time in 4th then to 5th. Iam running 285's on stock rims with the programer set for 32.5" tires. Is this normal or is it the low buck programer not adusting the shift points..

Buck
01-30-2004, 21:04
Have you tried running in tow/haul? Any difference? How long have you been running tune 3?

I know any time I change tunes with my juice it shifts differently for about 200 miles. Just a Allison learning curve ;)

scottie40
01-31-2004, 06:03
Thanks Buck
I havent tried the tow/haul mode. I will give it while and try it again..I dont usually stomp on it but I have had a couple of guys look like they wanted to run me at a light and I want to be ready..lol

Bullseye54
01-31-2004, 06:42
scottie

What are your rpm's at during the shift.I know both my trucks go through the gears quick but if you watch the tach I'm right at red line.With the power it just doesn't take long to get to 3400.

scottie40
01-31-2004, 06:52
I will check it today Bullseye. Your Probably right with no load it pulls the rpm's really quick..

scottie40
01-31-2004, 09:26
Just got back and your right Bullseye..Pulled on the highway and floored it..kept my eye on the tach this time..the tach needle never got below 3 until in 5th...thanks [LIST]

bob
01-31-2004, 18:52
How do you like the hypertech? there are alot of other good programers out ther but the hypertechs and superchip programers are defintly the most reasonable priced!Thinking of try one of those two myself!

sdaver
02-03-2004, 16:16
best bang for the buck is a standard 90 hp juice and it will run circles around a hypertech or a superchips programmer.......90 additional rwhp and 250 ftlbs of torque

scottie40
02-03-2004, 17:08
Bob,Iam not sure what the Hypertech puts on the rear wheels but I do know its a big difference from stock..A friend of mine uses a superchip programer in his superduty and loves it..I think later on I might upgrade to the juice only because it monitors trans slipage.But for now Iam happy.What Iam not happy with is having to take my Polished stainless Air force intake off.The Maf sensor was freaking out(codes)..Stock air box back on and problem went away..

bob
02-04-2004, 18:53
Sounds like one of those programmers would be fine for me! I don't want to run 90 horse.(don't want to kill the tranny)and want to be able to pull max load if need be.My d-max already beats my buddys ford with the sixty horse chip!I just really want to send him home with his tail between his legs and scare off a 6.0 if i ever run across one!