PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else trade Duramax for Powerstroke?

GlenM
10-05-2004, 17:44
Just traded my 01 Duramax for a 05 Powerstroke? I went down to the GMC dealer fully expecting to come home with a new Duramax. Was completely turned off by the sleazy dealer and the cost cutting in quality was very apparent from the 01 to the 05. I swear the 05 Duramax felt weak compared to my 01 even though it was the new Duramax engine. They wanted almost full sticker and wouldn't deal on price at all.

Anyway, I drove the Powerstroke and was very impressed. It is real strong, the whole truck and suspension feels more rugged overall. My Duramax pulls harder and quicker right off the bottom. The Powersroke takes longer to spool up but man o man it pulls hard and longer into the upper rpm range once it's going.

The styling I don't really care for but it is a work / business truck so I don't care. The Ford in stock trim is definitely better for off road than the Chevy. The Chevy is much more comfortable and the Ford is more work like.

I know the Ford has problems but man I've had my share of them with my Duramax also. Thanks to everyone since 01 for all the help in this great forum. The real test will be in three years if I go Ford again or GM. I really miss my Chevy but I'm tired of it going down the road on a roll back if it gets below 20 degrees.

BTW - I'm not even the least bit brand or dealer loyal and proud of it! You have to earn my repeat business! GM didn't this time.

Best of luck to all
GlenM

Dewey Faircloth
10-05-2004, 17:56
Congradulation,enjoy your new truck.

Dewey

WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!

drgracr
10-06-2004, 17:09
congrats on the new truck, have done some pdi's on the new 05 PSD and they did make some nice changes to the truck.. enjoy it

moedog
10-06-2004, 19:16
LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES WITH YOUR NEW PS OVER TIME. MY NEIGHBORS 03 WAS BOUGHT BACK BY FORD UNDER THE LEMON LAW. NOW HE HAS AN 04 AND IT WONT STOP STRAIGHT, FORDS REPLACED NEARLY THE ENTIRE FRONT END AND STILL PULLS HARD TO ONE SIDE WHEN YOU BRAKE.GO FIGURE. BUT THE ENGINE HASNT QUIT YET AS HIS 03 DID REGULARLY.
DAN

tanker
10-07-2004, 00:37
Its a shame that the dealer did what he did. Bad news always travels fast about a product. I spoke with a dyed in wool Ford guy two weeks ago, and he said he was keepin his older PSD, because he was afraid of the new engine :eek: , and the new "Torqshift" transmission. He said two valves per push rod! :rolleyes:
So I guess everyone has there ideas on things.
Well it is America, and we do have a choice over here to buy what we want, when we want. smile.gif
Wish you well with your new ride. ;)

Ranger354
10-07-2004, 08:31
A buddy of mine has had his 03 F350 in the shop more in the last month then he has been able to drive it. He was pulling a traier the other day and the water pump pully broke. He coasted into his shop and they towed it back to Ford.

He is a diehard ford guy just like I am a diehard chevy man. He will buy an 05 when he can. As I said in another post. Everyone has bad days. Its doesn't matter if you work on a Ford or Chevy assembly line.