PDA

View Full Version : Filtered or not Filtered Air

Fire Ball
10-01-2004, 10:32
During my 3rd trip to the Dealer for the injector problem, They forgot to hook up the clamp on the Air hose after the inner cooler. The hose came off and dirty air, I believe went into the motor. I believe at least a week None of the mechanics believed it to be a problem. I do. I am looking for a diagram that would prove them wrong or a flow patern for the air intake. Also any hint on what damage if any to the Motor. Ilive on a dirt road and do constuction not the cleanist enviroment.

More Power
10-01-2004, 18:32
If one of the intercooler hoses came off, yes, the engine could be exposed to unfiltered air.

The engine should have been really down on power, produced more smoke than usual, and possibly set a MAF code.

MP

Texasoilman44
10-09-2004, 23:39
Just my 2 cents, but anything post turbo would be pressurized therefore dirty air would not enter the system. Air would be pushed out of where the hose was supposed to be clamped on. Now as someone else stated, if the hose came off you would effectively have no pressure build up (the reason for the existence of the turbo) and would be severely down on power. Not something you would drive around for any length of time with. In this case, it would be possible to suck air into the system.

Regards,

Kevin