PDA

View Full Version : Gauge install

TN farmer
11-16-2002, 15:36
My gauges will be in next week and I am not comfortable drilling on my turbo. If anyone knows of a shop in the Memphis, TN area I live about 45 min. from there. Any suggestions?

Oongawah
11-17-2002, 12:35
Just tap into the wastegate actuator hose on top of the engine, just under the 6.6 Diesel cover for the boost pressure. I have a clamp on pre-turbo EGT probe, but I would prefer the installation that KennedyDiesel has on their website for the EGT's. Take care, Chuck.

Diesel Duck
11-17-2002, 17:32
TN Farmer,

I remember a recent post where you were looking to purchase Autometer Phantom gauges. If that's what you bought, where did you get them & do you recommend that vendor?

TN farmer
11-17-2002, 20:35
Chuck,

I see you have the stage II aFe intake. How do like it and can you tell much difference.

Diesel Duck,

You can look at ***performance.com they are having a sale on gauges and are willing to paint your pillar to match your interior.

Oongawah
11-18-2002, 09:32
I like it. But, if you don't want to hear the turbo just swiss cheese the box. I saw where some have said the stock filter is just as good as aftermarket and there is no difference in performance. The first thing I noticed is it allowed the WOT to be effective. Before the filter when I floored it, it was just as good as giving 85% throttle. Now all the way through to WOT it responds. It's not throughty like I expected, but you do hear the turbo. At first it sounds like a whine from the radio. Not real pronounced. Hope that helps. Chuck.

chuntag95
11-18-2002, 09:47
TN farmer,

What do the *** stand for? I tried www, but got some strange sight that wasn't about trucks. It was more like a search engine. :confused:

Thanks

pullinpower
11-18-2002, 09:55
TN farmer,I live about 10 min from memphis and havent found anyone that does installs,I'll call around today and see what I can find out for ya.

Diesel Duck
11-18-2002, 10:42
TN Farmer, I tried www.performance.com also. I didn't get anything there. What's the correct URL??? I'd like to check them out.

Joe

mackin
11-18-2002, 17:01
The best part is they are a advertiser here (banner) and STILL the link was edited ..... :rolleyes:

http://www.tsperformanceproducts.com/gauges.asp

MAC :D

TN farmer
11-18-2002, 19:43
Chuck,

Thanks for the help with the filter, if you can hear the turbo whine that is what I want.

Pullin Power,

I know of one shop that has installed gauges on the cummins before but I hate to be the test dummy for the Duramax. I will let you know what I end up doing. I also got my hot juice in today and will be going through W Memphis to duck hunt most every weekend, I would like to ride in your truck and compare.

Mackin,

Good guess but that is not the correct address.
I will try this a couple of different ways and hope it will work. Also let me know if I shouldn't post a web address on this site.

http://***performance.com/
www.***performance.com
www.w j s performance.com

mackin
11-18-2002, 20:24
TN farmer

Check the prices on the link I provided too....They also are running a special with advertised prices...On painted pods with gauges.....

Worth a look any way....

MAC ;)