PDA

View Full Version : How Sad!

FirstDiesel
02-19-2003, 05:45
It's sad how the moderators protect the vendors.
There is a product many months late on delivery. Now that it is to be delivered some of the well hyped features don't exist but we are to trust the developer to add them later. In the mean time the vendor has been hyping the product non-stop. But if talk is not positive about the vendor or the product the thread is closed. Funny, huh?

I think they brought it on themselves by hyping the product way before it was ready and not getting any out there in the field for real world feedback. But if we say anything bad, well the thread police jump into action.

TraceF
02-19-2003, 05:50
Be careful, you are crossing a line here. I made a similar post a few weeks ago and got a personal phone call from Jim. He assured me this is never done Larry. Any vendor you have a problem with, they will support you in getting help.

schnier
02-19-2003, 06:02
Sad for you, great for me. I have been waiting 2.5 years for a programmer that will store the factory tune, so you can take it back to the dealer for repair when needed. I have also been waiting 2.5 years for the tire size adjuster. But will have to wait a little longer because it is not in the first edition. I have been told my unit will be upgraded for free, in the next several months when the tire size adjuster is available. Other than that I will know this weekend how it runs. I am sure some will be disappointed if they are running the hot juice, but from stock I should notice a big improvement. Just my .02 cents worth.

TraceF
02-19-2003, 06:47
My understanding is that the Tech 2 could adjust for tire size in the beginning but it caused other bugs in the computer system and GM removed it from the Tech 2 program.

I am told the easiest fix for this is a VSS module you can have for under $200 if the programmer fails to deliver this feature.

Tell us all how it works!!!

schnier
02-19-2003, 07:18
Yes, I agree. I believe the trouble was in the vehicles with traction control, which we do not have. They could get it to work, but you would not have traction control. This is all gossip so I will just sit back from here and see what happens in the next several months.

DMAX Daddy
02-19-2003, 09:46
The Mods own the board. The topic was mirroring another. Beating down RWTD wont solve anything. Yeah its late. So what? 6 months from now if the Predator is perfect this will be all forgotten. Everyone here has short memories once something works! smile.gif

Ive been very interested in that thread, but it was no longer productive.

orange2
02-19-2003, 15:17
Hopefully I will have mine friday also so I will post good or bad about it. I have a 6 gear so it could be fun. Hope my little girl like power shifts and tire smoke. I have never been in a truck with juice or anything so it will just be a stock to 85 hp seat of the pants comparo. Can't wait.

imported_
02-19-2003, 15:50
Orange2
These engines really seem to perk up with a few more ponies, ... not that they were ever all that slow... When you recieve your shipment all here would love to know your impressions. Let us know!

Duramaxerado
02-19-2003, 17:38
Orange, I would LOVE to hear from you on how your Juice performs in your truck.

Please let me know right after you take it for a drive!! :D

You can let me know either here on on the "dark" side. :D :D :D

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: Duramaxerado ]</p>

orange2
02-19-2003, 21:32
Fastgixx, I am getting the predator, not the juice, sorry for the misunderstanding. I will be sure to post, you can count on that. Hard to believe it can get from florida to Iowa overnite like James said, but we will see.