PDA

View Full Version : VSSB jumper error in the 6.5l td book

scottmech
07-09-2005, 14:04
Just in case someone else needs the same jumper setting I did..........

Went from 4.10's to 3.21's. Needed to adjust the vss signal so the speedo and ABS light would go out.

Did the calculation per the book, and needed a divide ratio of 22.875........but that jumper code has 15 digits in the book......not 14.

You need to remove the first "1" in the code it shows in the book. Code should read 00000101011110

So far so good. ABS light went out, and the rpm's seem to be right on.

On a side note, I originally installed a Superlift Truspeed calibrator to correct the problem (I was a little intimidated to go into the VSSB....). It didn't have enough range to bring the speedo where it needed to be (closest was about 5 mph off, ABS light would not go out). When I called Superlift to talk about it, I was told that even if the calibrator corrected the speedo, the ABS light would stay on, because the signal from the front needed to be changed to match the back................

Now I'm not an engineer, but since the calibrator would have corrected the signal at it's source, and the pcm was now seeing the correct signal for the speedo, the ABS system should be seeing the same thing.... Shouldn't the ABS light go out if the Truspeed unit was able to bring the speedo within range???????

Nearly got into an argument with the tech about it, but he assured me "We do this all the time, I'm telling you you need to correct the front signal to the ABS." Decided to just move on and go into the VSSB.

Even though I got no direct help from anyone (used the search function and used the 6.5l book I ordered) I'd like to say this is a great forum. Great info that allowd me to fix my truck on two different problems, dispite bad info given to me by so caled "professionals".

By the way.....got one Truspeed Speedo Calibrator for sale.....................