PDA

View Full Version : Build Time for Dmax

RATDOC
02-18-2003, 16:51
I ordered a new 2500 H/D today and was wondering if anyone could confirm the 6-8 week build/delivery estimation that the dealer told me.
On another note, does anyone have pictures of their truck with DENALI headlights installed??
Thanks,
Tom

cogburne
02-18-2003, 17:33
I ordered a '03 GMC CC 6.0l gas the first of February...Projected to be built the third week in March...Dmax should be similar time frame...

RATDOC
02-18-2003, 17:47
Well, the dealer did say that there wasn't any known constraints...........guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Tom

roegs
02-18-2003, 17:50
I ordered a '03 GMC 2500HD D/A around 2/6, and have a 3/3 build date. I'm sure hoping GM announces some more rebates for March, or I'll really be in the dog house with the wife! :rolleyes:

FisHn2DMax
02-18-2003, 18:36
Roeg,

My 03 order took exactly 7 weeks from order to actual delivery.

On the rebates, If you truck arrives at the first part of a month it gets very tricky! Hope your new truck arrives at the end of a month. GM usually will not announce the new rebates for a given month until the start of the second week of the month. I had a situation that put both me and the dealer in a very tough spot. Truck arrived 3rd day of October 02, The dealer couldn't get GM to give them any details of any new rebates planned for October, so they told the dealer to go with September incentives ( only $1000). I wasn't very happy!!! I took delivery and drove home. That same night, I'm watching TV and low and behold GMC has a truck commercial showing $1500 + $500 cash back bonus for "October Truck month". I called the very embarassed dealer the next day and they made good on the additional rebate. It turns out, they showed my truck delivered in September to GM, so they could get another DuramAx allocation. Because of this, GM wouldn't give me the rebate, so the dealer paid me the addtional rebate out their pocket.

This whole problem stemmed from the fact that GM holds rebate plans very tight! In fact, the dealers usually don't know what the next months rebate/incentive plan will be until the first week of that month. Use it to your advantage, if your new truck arrives right at the end of the month. If you have a good dealer they can show customer delivery in either month ( hint..hint)?

With all new trucks sales down, I think GM will continue with at least $1500 to $2000 rebates or zero interest incentives for some time to come.

Good Luck, ;)

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>

Duramaxerado
02-18-2003, 18:48
RatDoc, I ordered mine 3 weeks ago here in Virginia and I was told 6-8 weeks as well.

I got a call a week later from the dealer and they said that the arrival date is March 11th and it may come in a week sooner.

Congrats on the purchase of your new max!!!!

Way to go! ;)

DIESEL/VETTE
02-18-2003, 19:39
ORDERED 2500 HD D/A EXT.CAB. 1/15/03 DROVE IT HOME 2/10/03.

roegs
02-18-2003, 21:41
FisHn2DMax ...thanks for the rebate comments. I agree these rebates can get to be a pain, which was the only reason I hesitated to order. As you mentioned, nobody knows month to month what (if any) the rebates will be. I'm betting on the fact that GM has done well with the rebates, and has indicated in Auto News that they think its the way for the forseeable future with the bad economy. Also, here in MN, March is Auto Show month, and they usually offer programs for the shows. Keepin' my fingers crossed! smile.gif

pontiac_m18
02-18-2003, 21:51
RATDOC,Cogburne,roegs & duramaxerado. If you send me a e-mail with the S.O.N. (sales order number) & T.P.W. (Targeted -called that cause it keeps moving around) Production Week, I will add you to my "Watch out for List" Howard E-mail me at
howard_m18@yahoo.com :D :D :D

conradv
02-18-2003, 21:58
Here was my (great) experience (& thanks again Howard):

August 23, 2002 Ordered 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC LB SLT Duramax/Allison 4x4 (Model TK25943)

August 28, 2002 GMC picked up order (order number: FPPWTV)

September 10, 2002 GMC issued TPW of Sep 30, 2002

October 2, 2002 Truck built and shipped by train

October 8, 2002 Truck delivered by train to Spokane, WA

October 14, 2002 Truck delivered to Alpine Motors (GOT TO DRIVE IT!) 3 miles on odometer

October 18, 2002 Truck delivered by dealer to my house in Sandpoint, ID

RATDOC
02-19-2003, 10:26
Thanks for all the replies guys. I hope that I have the same luck with my order too!!!
PONTIAC_M18.... Thanks for the offer. As soon as I know the numbers, you'll get the e:mail.
Thanks again,
Tom