PDA

View Full Version : Banks Stinger

DMAX Daddy
02-15-2003, 22:26
I got the propaganda for the Banks Stinger package for the DMAX in the mail today. It doesnt say much HP and Torque, just that it will become available in March.

Does anyone with the inside scoop know what kind of numbers they are talking about?

I am still debating which power set up to use.

One thing of note, a local friend who has done gasser upgrades for years now has a DMAX on which he is loading a 6 inch lift, Stage 1 Allison upgrade, propane, and a "significant computer upgrade". Once I nail him down I hope to find out what he is doing "computer" wise.

WillowCreekStable
02-18-2003, 10:53
I had a call from Banks today. Couldn

Biodiesel6.6
02-18-2003, 12:30
I got the call today about Noon from Victor at Banks. Same speeeel. They have the power box 70HP no adjustments, $695 and a boost waste gate change for $195. I didn't ask any questions. The price was a bit steep!
I'm juiced, Don't need anything else. :D

mtomac
02-18-2003, 13:14
someone has to pay for the Sidewinder and their other projects

hoot
02-18-2003, 13:15
I think some of these aftermarket performance places are somewhat anti-GM. They only now are coming up with products cause they see there is a future and these trucks have potential.

You'll notice they have been doing Ford and Dodge stuff for years and aren't even familiar with GM products. I remember when the first Dmax's came out talking to some of the vendors and the neagative attitudes they had. I think the attitudes are changing..... especially after the release of the new 6.0 PSD. ;)

orange2
02-18-2003, 19:29
Got an e-mail from them, 4 in exhaust, big head wastegate, air filter, gauges, and the ottmind, all for only 1900. 68 hp and 140 torque, sounds like a heck of a good deal for them. Glad I got my predator coming.

DMAX Daddy
02-18-2003, 21:37
Well Ive waited extra time to see what would shake out. Banks disappoints me with all those changes and only 70 HP. For $1000 less I can get a Juice.

The Predator interested me, but it doesnt seem to be near solving the problem I want solved (Speedo Cal).

The ECM reflash stuff has me interested, but again I ask certain questions in emails and get no responses.

Hopefully my friend will have his DMAX done soon and Ill see what he did. Ill try to remember the name of his business here in Ventura, hes done cars for years and doing diesels now that he bought a DMAX. smile.gif

In fact, Ill go see him tomorrow....

orange2
02-18-2003, 23:37
The speedo cal is supposed to be coming if I read correctly. I can't believe what banks want for a kit and only 68 hp to be exact.