PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Duramax Hood

Dee Schuyler
07-20-2005, 09:45
I took delivery of my new 2005 Dmax3500 LT
about a month ago, and I have a simple problem,
I noticed the hood bouncing around in front, so I checked the rests where the hood contact's them.
A simple fix to make a couple turns up and no more vibration! but shouldn't they have lock nuts on them ?? They can move anywhere they want with road vibrations I would think? I think I am going to put a lock washer and a nut on them?
So far love the truck!
Dee

mcmonroe
07-20-2005, 15:55
Mine did the same thing. Just put a drop or two of blue locktight on the threads.

Worked great on mine...

Mark

JimEd
07-20-2005, 16:02
If the stop is tight against the hood the pressure of the hood should keep it from turning.

The locktight will work also..

JD Diesel
07-20-2005, 18:36
Have to do that too noticed my hood wiggling going down the road. JD tongue.gif

Mark Heiken
07-21-2005, 05:25
They may not stay tight. On the wifes '03 Suburban, You have to lift the hood and give them a turn or two every now and then. You know when it's time by a terrible squeek (sp?) type noise. It took the tech at the dealer hours to find the cause the first time. The service writer even told us not to turn them?!? He said they couldn't move by themselves. If that's the case why did the older rigs have a lock of some sort?

royalglen
07-22-2005, 19:39
My hood on an 05 flops around and bounces on uneven pavement and when I pass an oncoming semi I close my eyes thinking the hood is coming through windsheild.I owned a 58 Dodge 1/2 ton it did the same thing.Progress?????

jsmiracle
08-07-2005, 15:53
I have noticed mine doing the same thing! Thanks for the "heads up". I will adjust the stops. Thanks again.

rob@rone.ca
08-08-2005, 06:08
On my 05 3500, I think they looked a bit flimsy too, for such a large hood.

So I cut some tubing spacers the right length, and put some rubber washers underneath, and snugged them down onto that for extra support, and they won't loosen up.

If I ever have to adjust, I can add washers.

REDTRUCK05
08-08-2005, 17:24
Originally posted by Dee Schuyler:
I took delivery of my new 2005 Dmax3500 LT
about a month ago, and I have a simple problem,
I noticed the hood bouncing around in front, so I checked the rests where the hood contact's them.
A simple fix to make a couple turns up and no more vibration! but shouldn't they have lock nuts on them ?? They can move anywhere they want with road vibrations I would think? I think I am going to put a lock washer and a nut on them?
So far love the truck!
Dee Mine did the same thing, I had some other body issues after I took the truck. I let the service writer know of my problem, lets see if he knows the solution. Thanks for the heads up!