PDA

View Full Version : Edge Juice is 100% Juice!

BMDMAX
05-04-2002, 15:53
UPS man showed up today with the goods. I was bouncing around like a kid at Christmas time waiting for it. The install was easy and uneventful; the only real problem was fiddling around with connectors trying to find a good position for them to stay in before tie-wrapping the box in.

After the install I did a test start and there were no codes or anything just a normal smooth start. After that I had the power level set in two shakes of a lamb's tail via the gear selector/pedal sequence.

With the install done now comes the fun part, the test drive. Unfortunately, I cannot report full results due to the monsoon conditions here in GA currently. With the added power I might have just as well been trying to test the truck on an ice rink, the traction was about the same.

Here is what I can report. The truck felt snappy right out of the garage but I ran it slow waiting for it to warm up. Even driving around with the soft foot the boost seemed to be coming up quicker and EGT's were holding normal. After the truck warmed up the power was awesome even with having to watch stomping on it. The Allison seemed a bit quirky as others have seen initially on the juice so I did the re-learn step and it smoothed out pretty fast. The highest boost seen so far was 26.8 pounds and EGT's were around 800 degrees briefly after a blast. The only quirk so far if you can really call it that is a more pronounced de-fueling sequence on the shifts. I think it is actually getting smoother as the tranny learns about the extra power and it probably is functioning as designed anyway by Edge to reduce slippage on the Allison.

I hope to test more tomorrow if the streets are dry and I will keep you all posted on the results. So far I am happy as a pig in..well, you know. :D :D tongue.gif :cool:

BMDMAX
2002 Duramax "J-Series" Allison CC SB 2WD.

mackin
05-04-2002, 16:23
Oh my they are looooose.......Hey go cruising use 4 wheel drive..........First day out in mine it was raining too.Learned some interesting info........Go dust some fords and dodges.........
MAC :D :D

Got the PICS up on my picture trail sight,under strips....See sig........It was done at night ..Went back the next mourning to get them.......

OOOPS on the 4x4 thingy..Not paying attention....Go for the "CHAINS"....... :eek:

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

SledZep
05-04-2002, 16:49
HEY! Who turned this place into a strip club??
Mackin, were those strips from just stomping onit? or did you have to use the brake at all??

WOW!

BMDMAX
05-04-2002, 17:22
I would have to do some pretty good magic to get 4WD as other on this board have said "Mine did not come with that option". :D I don't off-road and snow does not factor into the equation down South so I skipped that on the order.

Anyway, the math will never add up anyway. Take one stock Dmax, add 4-inch exhaust, enhanced airbox, and the Juice one one side and compare that to the stock pizza cutter tires even with the G80 and traction will never win. :eek:

Kennedy
05-04-2002, 19:27
There WILL be more "juice" from the Juice box. You can take that to the bank...

tmg115
05-04-2002, 19:58
hey mackin how did you do thows burn outs? did you take one wheel of each did off? thows are not 3500 tracks thows are a single rear wheel burn out not a 2 rear wheel burn out.

AzKevin
05-04-2002, 20:00
Yep, the next software will be tweaked to virtual perfection!

I haven't been hot rodding too much but one time I did a launch from near 0mph (not simultaneus brake/throttle either )and the truck has a remarkable g-force sensation. :D

mackin
05-04-2002, 21:14
tmg115 ,

All right I tried to pull a HUDINI on ya...There is no fooling you I see.......... ;) You see what I did is totally deflated my outside tires,and over inflated my inside tires, and had at it............Do you believe it?......Nope, you shouldn't ...... Read the pics description.......It was a 2500 HD owned by thechevyhdman
, aka Bill.....We hooked up last night I put the "JUICE" in his truck and that was the end results.......His, not mine, 2 strip sig........ :D :D
MAC :D

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

tmg115
05-04-2002, 21:47
thats what confused me. when you had thechevyhdman
on there i thought you were talking about your self.

tjc
05-06-2002, 10:49
Does anyone know why only tow at first two levels?
Possibly slippage with weight? And,any info on new software coming out?
Thanks for the info in advance.
tjc

mackin
05-06-2002, 11:12
tjc,

Level one, two for towing............5th gear slippage...would be a good explanation IMHO ......If you were towing a 20,000 K goose neck trailer might slip........Hitch towing a couple sled's doubt it.....That's the reason .......Sort of like a disclosure statement...each application different ... So how could it be addressed? In addition toss in some possible smoking hot EGT'S...Under extreme heavy loads climbing.......Best to follow Instructions from manufactory .... Get some guage's, preturbo on the pyrometer... Software, aaaah .. Perhaps this week, or next..Who knows but EDGE..Really.......Get one, the will update I'm sure, call them....My truck GIT S**T'S and GOES....Been on the JUICE for awhile now, not one problem.....If you have question call EDGE......The know their stuff..Smart cookies..LOL
MAC :D

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Allison Jettester
05-06-2002, 12:49
Mackin, Chevyhdman,

I can't understand why you backed off laying those strips. Looking at the end of the parking lot that you came mighty close to, it looks like you could'a show'd them folks what this truck'l do in 4wheel. And had a good report on the strength of GM's IFS at rock crawling at 50 mph. :eek: :D :D

Cheers,
Joe