PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 Mile Times

Forced Induction
05-02-2002, 10:38
Just got done racing the duramax last night and boy did it run good. Made three runs, one in 2wd the others in 4wd. In 2wd there was violent wheel hop and only managed a 17.42 @ 81.25mph with a pittiful 3.03 60 ft time. In 4wd the results were slightly different. Both runs were 16.30's @ 81mph with 2.24 60ft times. Temps were in the 60's with about 40% humidity. I am extremely impressed with these numbers. It was at raceway park in Englishtown, NJ. The truck is stock except for a K&N which I do not believe added any power, but I never raced it before it's installation so I can't prove anything!
I can't wait to get some more miles on the truck so I can add a power box. If JK went from a 16.8 down to a 15.30 or so ( I can't remember from a post exactly) with just a power box I should be able to get in the low 15's also. But that will have to wait. All I can say is that I love this truck, and cannot stop grinning :D
Just wanted to share my experiences with this diesel monster, for all you other performance guru's.

Jason

NFLDMAX
05-02-2002, 11:14
I used to work with a Jason from Sayerville, NJ. Just out of curiosity, do/did work for Raytheon?

After reading your signature, I realized that you are the same one. A worthless Mechanical Engineer. :D

Posted by a great Civil Engineer :D

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: NFLDMAX ]</p>

Forced Induction
05-02-2002, 13:13
DAN???
If you were on Purdom Unit 8 e-mail me at forced355@aol.com

SoCalDMAX
05-02-2002, 22:21
Forced Induction,

Those are great 1/4mi times! I think I know why.

According to the riceb0ys, a K&N filter is worth AT LEAST 50hp, the sticker alone is good for another 10hp if mounted on a painted hood or fender area. ;) Now all you need is a Juice box, propane and you should be doing 13's very easily. And swiping the slicks off of your other vehicle...

NFLDMAX,

Let me see if I got this right: a CIVIL Engineer is busting on a MECHANICAL Engineer? Good thing you two are friends.... ;)

Hey, you don't happen to know who plans the fwys here in SoCal do you? They do a lot of this 3 lanes merging into 2 lanes over a bridge on a congested fwy feeding a major suburb... must look pretty cool from the traffic chopper seeing all of those brake lights for miles. ;)

Regards, Steve

NFLDMAX
05-03-2002, 05:28
SoCalDMax,

Yea, we are friends. If I knew how to fix those freeways in Cali, I'd be a rich man smile.gif

Jason, you have mail.

Forced Induction
05-03-2002, 07:47
SoCalDMAX,
I didn't even install the sticker yet!! I'll do that immediately and head back to the track, and see how she goes then. smile.gif Talking with some of the mustang lovers, if I add a cowl induction fiberglass hood and a wing somewhere, I should be in the 12's easy! :D At least according to the f**d guys, and why would they lie??
Can't wait for the juice box, 15.20's would suit me just fine. For a while atleast! Keep us posted on its release status.

Texasoilman44
05-03-2002, 07:55
Nothing much to add to the part about 1/4 mile times. Just wanted to add that I am a Process Operator in an oil refinery, and we tend to think all engineers are worthless........hehe. Hopefully you guys understand I say this all in good fun.

Regards,

Kevin

NFLDMAX
05-03-2002, 09:38
I have to agree that I am pretty worthless tongue.gif

konacat
05-03-2002, 12:13
A wing? A cowl? I think people are leading you astray. The truth of the matter is you can get your stock truck 1/4 miles times real low with just a few changes. First remove the right from headlight assembly. Then remove the front of the air box. Take a Rubbermaid trashcan #2030 and remove 3" from bottom. This should fit perfect with just a little 200mph tape around the air box. Instant ram air induction. Forget the wing. Crank the torsion bars down all the way. The lowered front end decreases the wind resistance and the new angle of attack forces the rear of the truck down better than a wing. In addition, be sure to tape the grill over for a real slick profile. Don't forget to drop the tailgate. The tranny is next. Replace the 2nd gear sensor with a 1st gear sensor. This will help you drive off the line. Remove the 4th gear sensor reach in with 3/8" socket on long 1/4" drive and remove underlying orifice valve. Drill out valve with a .028 (or #70) drill. This will help keep the power to the ground. Remember Amsoil cetane boost is mixed at 16oz to 200gal. That mix is for driving. For racing 16oz per 34gal tank is fine. Forget tow/haul mode. With these improvements you pull better in normal mode. Of course if you believe any of this you are not in normal mode.

I work with many engineers. Engineers would know immediately that this post is 100% bogus. That would not stop them from thinking about if for 2 weeks just too see if any of it could be of value.
All in fun!

Quack_Addict
05-03-2002, 12:58
The only difference between Mechanical and Civil Engineers is that Mechanical Engineers build weapons... Civil Engineers build targets.

TO-D-MAX
05-05-2002, 15:06
LMAO !!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

TimofCharlotte
05-05-2002, 15:55
Dang it Quack, You beat me to it. I was just thinking about that adage as I was strolling down thru the post.
Good to see a little lively banter without getting too carried away.

Oh, Konacat, some will think about it for much longer than that (2 weeks). Me, naw, got enough other things going on that make no sense yet whatsoever to add that one to the list. :D :D