PDA

View Full Version : 6,5 L Tech Manual from Peninsular Engine

b757200er
07-08-2005, 05:34
Peninsular Engine sells a Thech Manual

6.5 Liter V8 Turbo Diesel Engine

"The must manual for all 6.5 diesel owners. This manual goes in-depth for the novice and experienced. Included are illustrated drawings, specifications and a troubleshooting / diagnostic section."

Does someone has comments about this book ?

Thanks for you reply

More Power
07-09-2005, 11:20
Peninsular has offered this for quite a while. I've not seen one yet, but you can give us a review once you get yours.... smile.gif

MP

javadog
07-11-2005, 07:53
I tried to order one of those last year and was told the book was "out of print" which I find hard to believe. If we can locate one we should contact
Penninsular (and the publisher if they used one) and
get some copies published or at least reproduced.
Another option would be to get their permission to
post/publish it online. Hopefully it could be done for free since it would have a limited readership, but we might have to pay for it and kick back some kind of royalty.

Hansh
07-11-2005, 13:19
When I got my engine from them, they told me they are in the process of updating the manual.

rjschoolcraft
07-11-2005, 15:06
Hey, HH!

That Jeep in your signature line...

My dad has a 1948 Willys CJ2A that he just restored. The connection... In 1970, he installed a 1966 Buick V6 from a Jeep CJ5. That little odd-fire 231 is a sweet running power plant and it really makes that Jeep scoot!

Hansh
07-14-2005, 09:24
RJ

I have owned it since I was 15. Took it apart several years ago (new job and new home took away time) and finally had it running again three years ago. It is almost ready for the road and trails. I was hoping to use the last month to finish the small details, final welding of cage, finish wiring, and any other little items it needed, but the K3500 took alot of that time as you know. Now that the K3500 is done (it is never really done), I can get back to the Jeep.

I also have a Jeepster with a V6, totally stock, no rust. That little engine is a torquer! That V6 is perfect for Jeeps. I still want to "someday" do a diesel Jeep, 6.2 or 6.5 in a CJ6 or CJ8 Scrambler!