PDA

View Full Version : its broke

fred
06-04-2003, 15:51
well i just got the call from the dealer,truck needs 3-6 inj's,ran fine till yesterday afternoon on the way home smelled like i pored a gallen of diesel fuel inside my truck,looked under truck saw no leaks,but felt a miss,this morning oil press at 20 psi,shok bad and stumbled,took it to dealer

pinehill
06-04-2003, 15:59
A few questions, Fred:

* How many miles on the truck?

* Do you regularly use a fuel additive?

* Have you installed additional fuel filters?

fred
06-04-2003, 16:21
hi, 33,000 miles , no aditives, no extra filter,but i just did a search and im reading all the horror stories about injecters(not fun)

Captain Mal
06-04-2003, 18:09
Fred,

Wonder why such low oil pressure? My injector failures had nothing to do with the oil.

As for the smell, that is also nothing I experienced. I'm thinking a compression fitting on a line has leaked or there is a leak somewhere else.

I don't know much so my thoughts on it not being an injector are probably wrong.

fred
06-04-2003, 18:41
because crank case is full of diesel fuel

SparkyTX
06-04-2003, 18:45
Gonna be covered by warranty?

mackin
06-04-2003, 19:00
Originally posted by SparkyTX:
Gonna be covered by warranty? Unless he is over a 100K it should be,without question ...

Mac
;)

Captain Mal
06-04-2003, 19:13
Fred,

How would diesel get into the crankcase because of injectors? It would have to somehow leak down into a/the cylinders and then drip down through the ring gaps while the motor was off. Or, somehow get past the valves and then down through the head.

Either way, that would be a lot of fuel and some down time for it to happen.

Now if it did hydraulically lock up a cylinder then you have major engine damage when it broke free. That would show a major loss of cylinder compression.

Like I said ...I know little and that can be a dangerous thing.

FirstDiesel
06-04-2003, 19:32
Captain Mal

Common failure due to the design of the way the injectors mount. There have been more than a few posts about this here.

biker Wayne
06-05-2003, 06:51
Hey Fred,
Sorry to here about the injectors in your truck. I'm in Lake Zurich. Which dealer are you taking your truck to? I go to Shepard in Lake Bluf and they have never had a truck come back with injector problems.

SparkyTX
06-05-2003, 07:46
Originally posted by mackin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SparkyTX:
Gonna be covered by warranty? Unless he is over a 100K it should be,without question ...

Mac
;) </font>[/QUOTE]Reason I was asking is because of the juice he has on the rig. My guess is that if GM recognizes that the engine was juiced, no drivetrain failures would be warrantied. If they can get out of a claim, why wouldn't they try.

That was the basis for my question.

Silver Bullet
06-05-2003, 10:20
I stopped by Reliable Chevy in Richardson, Texas this morning and noticed they were selling Hypertechs in the parts department!

fred
06-05-2003, 18:20
yes over load of diesel fuel ,if nozzle stays open it will flood past rings and into crank case,this truck dousen't have juice

Idle_Chatter
06-06-2003, 04:43
Captain Mal, the Dmax injectors are completely enclosed under the valve covers (except for the fuel supply lines) so any failure will result in fuel leakage under the valve cover that goes right down into the crankcase with the returning valve oil.

biker Wayne
06-10-2003, 08:04
Hey Fred,
I'm interested in the final verdict on your truck. What turned out to be the exact problem? Was it the injectors gone bad and if so, how many? Do you have your truck back? Which dealer did you take it to?
Just interested, not nosy.

LMorse
06-11-2003, 16:23
While cruising on the interstate last night at a lazy 75, the warning tones went off and the truck lost power.. The info screen said low oil pressure, and something about engine power reduction.. I immediately started looking for a place to pull over. As I did, I grabbed the dial on the duramaximizer and turned it down. This was after noticing I had it up from earlier (I had them all up). The oil pressure guage fluctuated just a bit off "0" as I turned it down. After pulling over, I reinstalled factory tune with the diablo, maximizer down, and put the edge on L1. I erased the trouble code.. I believe it was something 00522. Feel like a dumb''' for not paying attention. I then started the truck, and the oil pressure seemed normal.. Since then I've turned the power levels back up to see if it will happen again so I can get the code. Anyone have any ideas?? I called the dealership and made an appointment for Sat... They said all was covered as long as I hadn't messed with the computer.. Everything will be off by Sat..

fred
06-13-2003, 16:31
hi, heres an up date i just got the truck back from the dealer,they replaced 3 drivers side injectors,they were leaking from the check balls just above the lower o-ring (this is what the tech told me)truck got 2 oil changes just to make sure,i only drove it 5 miles,but im going to drive it 300-400 miles this week end (hope it douesn't break)it seems to run fine ,good idle and oil pressure (70 psi at 1200rpm and 30 psi at idle hot)