PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running XMonitor gauges?

DinoMax
06-03-2003, 15:37
I was just wondering if anyone is running the XMonitor digital gauges fron BD? I like the way it looks, but would like to hear from someone already using them. I'm ready to buy gauges now (would like pyro/boost combo). Any input, or other suggestions would be appreciated smile.gif Thanks, DinoMax

WOJO 1
06-03-2003, 15:44
I also liked the way it looked, so I ordered it. Should be here on Thursday. With any luck I should have installed this weekend. :cool:

06-03-2003, 16:04
Dino Max, I have had the X-monitor for about 8 months. I am satisfied with them. One draw back is that you cannot read the display in direct sunlight. I would also like to be able to dim the display more at night. I would like some kind of audible alarm instead of the flashing alarm. I have had "A" pillar mounted gauges on other trucks. I do like the analog gauges better, however, I like the compact design of the X-Monitor because it is less intrusive on left turn visibility.(compared to a 3 gauge "A" pillar mount) I would buy the X-Monitor again. I hope that this has been helpful. Good luck!! :cool:

[ 06-03-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: 10851 ]

DinoMax
06-03-2003, 17:13
Thanks for the replies smile.gif The compact mount is what I like also, no obstructions. How was the install? Everything included w/ the kit, or additional parts needed? Did you get it direct fron BD, or is there another source, like JK? I would like to do business with someone who supports the Diesel Page. Thanks again, DinoMax

Inspector
06-03-2003, 17:56
Look into the SPA duel gauges.
I will be installing one on my truck this weekend.
Denny

06-03-2003, 21:51
Dino Max, I purchased the X-Monitor from a local shop. I had planned on buying it from a D/P supporter...but the guy from my local shop spent a lot of time talking to me...(and no BS). I spent a bit more money, but this shop owner's time is money. He wound up painting the mount for no charge and cut me a heck of a deal on the installation. "I" installed the pyrometer probe in the passenger side exhaust manifold. I am very picky on making sure that no metal shavings went to my wonderful catalytic converter. There are several D/P supporters with good prices. I have delt with several of them, and have been completely satisfied. I also have the Mag-Hytec rear diff. cover. I ordered the X-Monitor with the diff. temp. instead of another trans. temp. It's nice to know how hot the rear diff. is running. All of the parts needed for the installation was in the kit...including the temp. sensor for the rear diff. (I did upgrade some of the wire connectors..I went to marine grade) Good luck. smile.gif

AlanL
06-04-2003, 07:20
Where does the diff sensor mount? It doesn't replace the drain plug on the bottom of the diff, does it?

I've seen engine oil temp sensors that replace the drain plug, but that's usually in a more protected location than the drain on the 11.5" rear diff (which is straight down if I remember correctly).

-Al

06-04-2003, 12:42
Alan L, the location for the sending unit on the (Mag-Hytec differential cover) is almost at the 12:00 position. It will be just left of the dipstick. Just remove the threaded plug and install the sensor. The oil is slung to the top of the cover by the ring gear. It was very easy to install. Have fun :D