PDA

View Full Version : Double Standard Around Here

DMAX Daddy
06-03-2003, 09:11
The in cab controller is a big part of which box I get, and I read that The Juice controller might still be delayed til July.

So why did everyone give RWTD a hard time because the Predator was late coming out, but not one word has been mentioned about the Juice controller still being delayed? (Original release March I believe it was)

Kennedy
06-03-2003, 09:16
Edge, to the best of my knowledge has never set a definitive date, and still have not. They DO however have a working, fully functional product on the market and plan to offer this controller as a major upgrade in the future. There has been no hype, pre-order, or even definitive pricing released. As a distributor, I have a tentative date and pricing, but have not offered it to the public.

sdaver
06-03-2003, 09:20
I paid for mine the day I ordered it(The first hour it was offered)............recieved it much later..... but was worth the wait with 1.04........james is a good guy he just got carried away with the hype a little early..........and the delay cooled the hype.........have not seen anyone from edge here producing any smoke or hype just impatient members like me...........besides some folks, myself included, :D just like to bitch.....and now that shoe fits you too! :D dave

56Nomad
06-03-2003, 09:27
John,

One of your competitors is already offering the
controller for $99...... but it will not be shipped until
August :rolleyes:

http://www.super-chip.com/chips/index.html?loadfile=item15.html

DMAX Daddy
06-03-2003, 09:44
John,
No they never set a date, but on their message board, posted by Aaron and other Edge gurus, it has been a constant "ready the middle of next month" since February or so.

Some of us are drooling here!

Kennedy
06-03-2003, 10:31
I guess that they are jumping the gun.

I hate to do this kinda stuff as it becomes a perpetual PITA with fielding questions as to when it will ship. I've quoted lead times for several (6-8) weeks out and had people calling in 3-4 weeks like I was past my commitment...

Anyhoo, the way I see it, it is upgradeable and for those who have purchased the box itself from me, I will offer the upgrade at the same price as if ordered as a set.

One point of inf that seems to confuse a few people is that the Duramax Juice/EZ Amp boxes are all the same. The only difference is the programming that is installed.

GSXRTURBO1
06-03-2003, 10:36
John, thanks for the info. (I just sent a money order to you for the Hot Juice, it's good to know I can get the controller from you when it's available)

GSXRTURBO1
06-03-2003, 10:39
Ok, I see how most have their profile set up, so I updated mine...

[ 06-03-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: GSXRTURBO1 ]

DMAX Daddy
06-03-2003, 10:48
Im just waiting for the controller so I can make one big order. Besides, the longer I wait the hazier my wifes memory becomes on all the dive gear I bought when I went to Guam in March :D

Nixter
06-03-2003, 20:07
Will my regular Juice version 4.61 require a reflash or other modification in order to accept the new controller? I recently purchased a refurb unit (thanks JK) and I love it so far except that level setting and confirmation seem a bit obscure. I read through several old posts which helped me get a handle on it but I think the controller might be the ticket. I think that
: A) For some reason the level setting may not always take, and B) The idle surges may be too quick or close together to discern them with accuracy. Other than that it seems to be a quality product. --Nick

Kennedy
06-03-2003, 20:20
That's one for Edge to answer. There MAY be a firmware update necessary, but only they know that. The exact details of what it will/will not do are also a bit sketchy. I haven't seen any more of this than any of you guys yet...

ski
06-03-2003, 20:30
there was also talk way back about the juice possibly accounting for tire sizes, is this still in work or ws it just rumor?

Kennedy
06-03-2003, 20:36
I BELIEVE that the Juice "Attitude" monitor will display correct speed, but will NOT affect speedo or speed sensor data. http://home.wanadoo.nl/mlublink/hdstuff/pic13.jpg

patrick m.
06-03-2003, 21:32
like the speedo JK, i've been nosing through here a couple of days, reading what you dmax guys talk about, and you guys are a bunch of hot rodders :D i would fit right in here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,except,,,,,,,,no have dmax :( thats cool though, ill just read and enjoy :D

RWTD
06-04-2003, 02:45
Originally posted by DMAX Daddy:
So why did everyone give RWTD a hard time because the Predator was late coming outYou mean folks done gave me a hard time? :confused:

;) :cool: :D tongue.gif

Seriously, though, myself, and the Predator, were newbies 'round here, so you can't really blame 'em for some of the anxiety issues that unfortunately happened, especially with the v1.02 release.

Now v1.04 and WHOA! Just checking the other day of how many of my customers were actually using their 30 day guarantee, and it was less than 10% since I've been selling, and less than 2% since v1.03/v1.04. I'd say we're doing something right now!

I'll be at DiabloSport the whole week of the 16th, getting schooled by Johan on the new Revolution software (self tuning software for qualified dealers), and of course getting Patrick to tune my Cobra in to 600+ rwhp (pray for my baby)! I should have LOTS of good info. and pictures to bring back, as well as any new updates in the works, plus will *hopefully* have Revolution on my laptop before I leave.

Kind Regards...

sdaver
06-04-2003, 06:37
you better get that stang right....... and when you think you have you better have slicks cause theres a 7400lb white beast lookin for you with a lunatic behind the wheel with a few xtras :D dave If you spin I will win.....may win anyway