PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With 05 LLY

Ofbmicsafety
06-20-2005, 14:32
I purchased a finger stick on line. Have no idea how to connect it or how to eliminate EGR Gas back through the system! MadMatt or someone with the knowledge HELP.

madmatt
06-21-2005, 15:09
Sorry man , haven't done the fingerstick thing yet. Haven't done much hopping up on LLYs yet. everyone around here is scared to do to much... YET ;) :D

jalanzrr
06-21-2005, 17:11
Give me your email and I will send you instructions and a link for the plate.

Ofbmicsafety
06-21-2005, 17:47
Jalanzrr you can reach me at lpittser@aol.com

Ofbmicsafety
06-21-2005, 17:54
Now you guyes have got me scared to do anything to my 05 beast. Still concerned about all of that
junk from the exhaust being pumped back through the system. Anyone care to venture an educated guess as to how much the life of the Duramax will be shortened by all of that extra recirculated exhaust through the intake?

More Power
06-22-2005, 06:26
The diesel engine manufacturers have been using EGR for a few decades now to reduce oxides of nitrogen in the exhaust. It can cause soot to build up in the intake passages over time, but the Duramax produces so little soot that it shouldn't be as noticeable as it was for the diesel engines of decades past.

EGR can theoretically impact power and fuel economy, but it would take several trucks and a careful analysis to determine the before/after effects to compare with/without EGR.

MP

Ofbmicsafety
06-22-2005, 17:37
Thanks More Power! Guess I will set tight and see what others do or find out about the LLY. Don't think I want to be the first on the block on this deal. smile.gif

Kennedy
06-24-2005, 06:07
If you'd like to experiment, you can simply unplug the electrical connector on the EGR valve itself. Some will illuminate SES and take action while others will simply set diagnostic codes and no SES light or corrective action.

I've run mine unplugged without incident. Also on the near horizon is an aftermarket mod that allows disabling the diagnostic part of the EGR which will allow you to do as you please...

Ofbmicsafety
06-24-2005, 17:57
Hay that would be great, Kennedy! Keep us informed. I for one am still not happy with recirculating junk back in my intake. Put me on your first to ship when you get the product.