PDA

View Full Version : Smart Box

09-04-2003, 03:19
Just had my Smart Box E upgraded to the 90/150 version. Any drivability quirks in the 70HP mode have been corrected. This thing now drives like velvet and the power is even all through the pedal travel. The engine is quieter than in the stock setting. As a side note, on the aFe air filter the sock precleaner is too restrictive and caused random stalling, which was cured after it's removal.

mackin
09-04-2003, 04:16
As a side note, on the aFe air filter the sock precleaner is too restrictive and caused random stalling, which was cured after it's removal.
That's interesting .... But yet weird ....

Why kind of prefilter ??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

09-04-2003, 06:17
Mac- The prefilter is a yellow sock made of a material similar to Gore Tex . Waterproof yet it breaths. Would be fine on a naturally aspirated engine but does not pass enough air for a turbo. Everytime I drove hard such as towing or high speed travel when I came to a stop the engine would occaionally stall w/o a SES light. Upon restart all was OK. Took off the prefilter and cured the problem altogther.

sdaver
09-04-2003, 06:32
never had that problem with my afe prefilter.......also yellow......you didn't oil the prefilter did you?.......