PDA

View Full Version : Pump Adjustment WIth Stinger System?

Duncan Sterling
07-01-2005, 19:09
The exhaust system on my suburban was going bad so I finally broke down and bought a Banks stinger system.

I see in the instructions that come with it that Banks suggests turning up the pump about 1/8 of a turn (unless you're in California).

Does it really make that much of a difference with the end results, or am I OK just leaving the pump alone?

TIA,

--Duncan

CleviteKid
07-02-2005, 05:27
You have stumbled across the dirty little secret of the Naturally Aspirated performace equipment market. They sell you all these cool parts, then add, almost as an afterthought, something along the lines of

To take advantage of all the cool stuff you have just laid out big bucks for, you need to rebalance and recalibrate your new super-duper improved engine. You can easily do this by turning up the fuel injection pump by 1/8 or 1/6 or 1/4 turn. See our illustrated instructions for details on how to do this.And turning up the pump will do three times more for your performance than just bolting on the parts. You will be disappointed if you DON'T turn up the screw.

Good Luck, Dr. Lee :cool: