PDA

View Full Version : AC Bracket-

Low_Bridge
06-30-2005, 15:32
My AC Bracket has got a bolt broke off at the point where she bolts up against the exhaust manifold.

Let it eat & get my AC runnin or am I flirtin with disaster?

john8662
07-01-2005, 04:56
Which Suburban?

If you're talking about a 94 6.5 suburban, then you're best off getting a faster responce in the 6.5L forum.

My opinion on broken bolts is to retrieve them if you can so that your A/C compressor will be fully supported. I have a 95 6.5 thats going to be identical to a 94 as far as accessories are concerned. I'll have to go look and see if I can figured out which bolt you're referring to there.

Low_Bridge
07-01-2005, 05:08
Yes it is the 6.2 in the Blazer-

Thanks-

As I could tell the bolt is broken to the head-

Being my 94 has a water leak issue it's not time to tear her apart to try & harvest the brokrn bolt

Bill

Jgreemo
07-01-2005, 08:46
Exact same thing happened to me on my old motor. One of the bolts on the lower bracket broke and I was never able to get an extractor on it, due to the tight confines. That one bolt was pointed down, so very difficult to get a drill in there. I will be interested to hear how you get it out. My power stearing reservoir bracket also wound up snapping, but much easier fix.

As my AC bearings are starting to go and are producing a fair amount of vibration (as if diesels don't make enough), I'll be changing out the compressor bearings or whole unit shortly to avoid it happening again.

Good luck.