PDA

View Full Version : Lower Radiator Hose for Sidewinder

tc87suburban
06-30-2005, 11:00
I'm swapping a new(er) 6.2l with a Banks Sidewinder turbo into my '87 Suburban. Does anyone happen to have a Carquest or NAPA part # for the lower radiator hose that comes with the Banks Sidewinder? Is there a hose from another application that will work? Or, do I have to order from Banks.

Thanks.

arveetek
06-30-2005, 11:40
As far as I know, it's a Banks only item.

However, I happen to have one I'd sell to you pretty cheap. Here's the copy from my ad I placed here in the classified forum a while back, never did have any bites:

"I have a brand-new Banks lower radiator hose, part # 94020. This hose is for the early body-style, 82-87 6.2L diesel 2WD trucks. It may also fit 4WD trucks, but I'm not sure.

I bought this hose directly from Banks when installing a custom-made turbo on my truck. This hose is custom formed to give more clearance around the Banks exhaust crossover pipe. However, with my custom turbo setup and my diesel-converted truck, the stock radiator hose fit better, so I went that route instead.

This hose cost me $29.20, plus shipping, from Banks. It's brand-new, never been used, although it may have a few greasy fingerprints on it. I'll let it go for $20, shipping included, to the lower 48. If you're in the process of installing a turbo, or need a replacement hose for an existing setup, then here's your chance to save a few bucks!

Email to arveetek AT j s c o m m DOT net (leave out the spaces) for more information."

Casey

jcomp
06-30-2005, 18:02
Try bending a coat hanger in the approximate shape you need and then go browse the hose selection at your local parts store. I've had to do this for several vehicles with engine swaps. It takes a while and it may be couple of trips but you end up with a part number for a replacement hose.

mpascino
07-08-2005, 20:01
I've ran the stock hose with my turbo set up for a couple years now. Just wrap the crossover pipe and orient the hose as far away as you can get it. Between wraping the crossover pipe and the downpipe I noticed a huge decrease in underhood temps. I just didn't like the idea of not being able to use a "stock" hose from an autoparts store if needed in a hurry.... If you are in a hurry try the stock one. Otherwise, buy the one off of stacy and save a few bucks. Good luck.

tc87suburban
07-12-2005, 11:45
I took Casey up on the offer for the Banks hose. Got it. Thanks!

I'm curious what you recommend for pipe wrap for the crossover and turbo down pipe.

mpascino
07-13-2005, 18:36
I used the "cloth" type that you can purchase from summit and jegs.