PDA

View Full Version : SES LIGHT ON-Code 32

Petrella
03-20-2004, 16:11
hey guys, i have a 1988 chevy 6.2, 1/2 ton with the c motor. when the truck is at idle the ses light is on but when i rev it up it goes off, then back on at idle. i checked the code and its showing a code 32, egr circuit error. How do i fix this problem, i have a buyer for the truck and hes willing to give me good money, but i want to fix this problem. I dont know if i got to change the egr sensor i hope not cause i priced one out and their about 200 bux, i know my vacuum is ok and the egr, i tested it with a vacuum pump, so i know those problems are cancelled. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanx
Anthony

farmerpatrick
03-21-2004, 15:10
Had the same problem, sounds like your egr solenoid or vacuum control valve. Hard to tell which it is, but it doesn't really matter because they are sold at the dealer as a bracket with all three solenoids on it EGR, EPR, and Vac. cont. vlv. Brasington Parts (on the web) is the cheapest dealer to get dealer only parts from. I bought it from them for 104 bucks with freight charges.
Hope this helps.

Petrella
03-21-2004, 20:37
thank you i appreciate your help, is there any other place i can try rather than the dealer, they want too much money. how bout a uap napa or something?

farmerpatrick
03-28-2004, 20:03
I'll sell you the one I just got from the dealer for 50 bucks plus shipping. It's been installed but only ran for about an hour. I'll take it off, and pack it up. Comes with all new vacuum lines. It's the whole bracket of all 3 solenoids.

Petrella
03-29-2004, 20:17
ahh thats ok but thanx for your offer, i had already bought one from the dealer as i already sold the truck, shes gone now