PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here running/rebuilding a one-piece rear main seal block?

arveetek
06-08-2005, 10:27
Is anyone on the 6.2L forum currently driving or rebuilding a one-piece rear main seal block? If so, I have a Rick Meyer deep sump oil pan that you can use, courtesy of The Diesel Page. Jim Bigley sent me the pan for my recent rebuild project, but it turns out that the pan is designed to fit the newer one-piece seal blocks, and wouldn't fit my red '82 block.

If you're interested in the deep sump pan, email me at arveetek AT j s c o m m DOT net (leave out the spaces). All that's required is that you take some pictures, talk about it in the BB or possibly write up a short article, and thank Rick Meyer and The Diesel Page for their contributions.

Casey

john8662
06-08-2005, 10:52
My question would be whether it will fit a 2WD truck. I'm really considering just replacing the engine in my 86 with a 92 599 6.2 (not 6.5) model shortblock, just have to find a new set of heads and a cam/lifters, etc.

If this will fit, I'm interested.

grape
06-08-2005, 17:48
let me know what you want for it, I'll make it fit in my k5. My block will be back and ready to assemble next week, the chassis is complete and rolling with no body, so i could take some good pictures of the driveline with the body off.

arveetek
06-08-2005, 19:03
The deep sump pan has found a new home.

Thanks for the responses!

Casey