PDA

View Full Version : injector question....

Dvldog 8793
01-23-2005, 08:00
Howdy
I have an '84 van with a 6.2 vin C. I found a set of NIB military injectors from the same time frame for a CUCV. Was there any difference in these injectors? also what is good option for a new IP? It currently has a 150hp pump. I am also putting on a J manifold and the exhuast is opened up and it has a Ram-air system on.
Thanks in advance!
L8r
Conley Janssen
USMC 87-93

Peter J. Bierman
01-23-2005, 08:20
As far as I know, Vans use shorter injectors and a lower intake to fit the engine in the enginebay.
If you can fit the injector in they will do fine.
Any mechanical pump will work, but if looking for more HP a 4911 or other upgraded pump is better.
But if you go for a "bigger"pump you need "bigger"injectors to like the 6.5 TD.
I do not know if there is a differance in nozzles for the Van and CUCV, you could have the CUCV nozzles put in the van injectors and pop tested, they will be as good as new.

Peter

gavio
01-23-2005, 10:29
The vans use the shorter injector bodies which were later incorporated in all engines. The longer injectors will not fit in the space allotted in your van, and also would require different injector lines.

Swapping out the nozzles into your current injector bodies as mentioned above is an option, but unless you can get an amazing deal on the CUCV injectors, it's probably not worth the expense/effort.

I'm running injectors for the 6.5NA in my 6.2 van and they are working out well......

Good luck!

Moses
01-23-2005, 14:10
gavio,

i dig your rig. i would love to find a 6.2 step van.

i bought my first diesel recentily and hope convert it to biofuel soon, but i first have to get it running smooth and reliable.

anyway, my local shop told me i needed to replace my injcector pump when i had them time it after i replaced the head gasket. Fortunatily, the truck came with extra parts

dieselcrawler
01-23-2005, 20:11
I think the vac lines or wires go to the trans, I think it's a throttle position sensor. My K-30 w/TH400 trans has vac lines, my K-5 w/TH700R4 has wires. I guess you could swap them as needed... I think there is some sort of adjustment. I hope someone with more details will chime in... I don't know much about 'em... Good luck!

Greg

Moses
01-24-2005, 07:13
thanks Greg,

i am posting again to bring this topic up to the top. so that hopefully, someone might tell me, for sure, how to deal with my delima stated above me. . .