PDA

View Full Version : More Engine Pics

Cowracer
07-05-2005, 04:50
Work on the engine slowed to a crawl due to other business getting in the way. I have maybe one or two nights in the garage left before I am ready to drop in. Hopefully, I can get those nights this week.

Times like this make me think Human Cloning ain't so bad a thing...

I got the IP, cover, waterpump, injector lines, wiring harness and injectors in, as well as the drivers exhaust and the intake manifolds. The big things left is the turbo and manifold, and all the accesory brackets.

Anyway, here are some pics of the work from the other day. I decided to go with black for the injector lines, exhaust manifolds and the accesory brackets.

I still don't know if I should paint the new dual thermostat crossover. Its raw cast aluminium, and it looks cool by itself, but it looks kinda out of place on the engine...

Tim

http://www.gatewaydata.com/truck/Engine2.jpg http://www.gatewaydata.com/truck/engine1.jpg

Big Green
07-05-2005, 08:09
Cowracer,
Thought we were going to have to talk... I was on my way home from a week in CO. As I was headed back to good old hot and humid STL I looked up the highway only to see a late model Ford all decked out in Holstein black and white.

I was hoping I wouldn't see a "I'm leaving the DP, I bought a Ford" when I got back on line.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery...

Big Green

Cowracer
07-05-2005, 08:48
Originally posted by Big Green:
Cowracer,
Thought we were going to have to talk... I was on my way home from a week in CO. As I was headed back to good old hot and humid STL I looked up the highway only to see a late model Ford all decked out in Holstein black and white.

I was hoping I wouldn't see a "I'm leaving the DP, I bought a Ford" when I got back on line.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery...

Big Green Bite your tounge! Ok, Ok. I will admit that I could see myself in a 7.3 Excursion with a big lift and 38" tires, and that I DID find myself driving by Ford dealers late at night when nobody was looking, but thats as far as it went, I swear to God!

Tim

javadog
07-07-2005, 02:46
I would paint it to match your exhaust manifolds-is
that flat black or a dark graphite gray?
Although I have not had good luck painting aluminum.

Cowracer
07-07-2005, 04:15
Originally posted by Steve Rathburn:
is that flat black or a dark graphite gray?
VHT 1800* Flat Black. The really high temp stuff only comes in flat :( Glossy would have been nice.

I probably went over the top on the painting, but I figure, how many chances am I going to get like this. If you look carefully, you will see that Alpine green from the Diesel Depot (block, heads and valve covers) does not exactly match the alpine green I got (intake and etc.)

Its almost enough to upset me, but then I remind myself that its just a truck engine.

Tim

Dvldog 8793
07-07-2005, 05:26
Howdy
You can buy brush on header dressing in a cast color that is good for at least 1500* Looks pretty much like bare cast steel. ENGINE LOOKS REALLY GOOD!
How did you post the pictures?
L8r
Conley

Chuck1
07-08-2005, 22:02
I think leaving it the cast aluminium is best.But with that ford thing .How fast can you drive with a paper bag on your head.

Diesel Dan
07-10-2005, 16:43
How about clear coating the new aluminum parts? That way they should keep their luster.