PDA

View Full Version : Ricor filter

coxfmly
01-14-2005, 20:22
Hello again,
I currently have 2 fuel filters on my truck. One is on the fire wall and the other is on the frame rail by the tank.

I have changed my fuel filter in the engine compartment twice in 1 year. The first time it was general maintenance but the 2nd time it was changed due to water contaminant.

My mechanic said the filter on the frame next to the tank was clean and free of any water or contaminants.
The filter is a Ricor model and was installed prior to the 1st fire wall change.

Shouldn't the first filter get most of the crud and water? If this is the case could the mechanic have installed the filter improperly?

I have never had any water in the Ricor filter bowl but I have changed the fire wall filter due to water....this doesn't sound right does it?

Thanks again......

john8662
01-16-2005, 20:30
Doesn't sound right, the first filter is supposed to be for water separation. You should be able to see water collection in the Racor filter unit, if it has the clear globe. What is your secondary filter? Are you using the big (looks like an oil filter) filter on the firewall? Or are you using the smaller filter thats supposed to be mounted on the back of the intake manifold for your secondary filtration?

Main thing I'm getting at is that you might not be getting the right filtration for your injection system.

coxfmly
01-17-2005, 12:51
The filter on the fire wall is the same size as a large oil filter.