PDA

View Full Version : Link For The 700R4 Electronic TC Lock Up Upgrade To Hydraulic

ZZ
01-13-2005, 18:57
Anyone know where the link is for this? The Tranny techs around my area have never heard of it.

I'd appreciate getting the info before Monday. My 700R4 is going to be rebuilt again.

shamanie
01-14-2005, 12:53
Let me begin by saying F$#% my G*D D$#M transmission. Not even 30000 miles with a tranny cooler and it's smoked.

So, I'm not even going to bother rebuilding. I think that's a joke unless you can find someone who you can trust.

I'm buying,(I think), unless someone here has a better suggestion, a stage 2 700r4 built by Level 10. I have only ever heard good things about them and their products. I can't go for another burned up tranny rebuild.

Sorry for the thread jack but I was curious as to what you are refering to. Is it some sort of tc upgrade?

[ 01-14-2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: shamanie ]

Robyn
01-15-2005, 14:15
The earlier 700's had a valve set in the valve body the controled the LTC (Lockup Torque converter) The newer ones have aluminum plugs in that bore or no bore at all. If your tranny has the valve bore in the valve body its really simple to replace the aluminum plugs (2) withan earlier valve set and boom your flying. Set the thing up with a type two (2) wiring and switch setup. (refer to any good 700 rebuild manual) and you got a winner. Also the addition of a switch to shut the power off to the convertor clutch during town driving. Or do a transgo 700G shfit kit and follow the instructions. By putting a 5/16 check ball in the snout of the LTC solenoid and with the new valves I mentioned the tranny will do its thing just fine with no electrical power at.