PDA

View Full Version : 74 Corvette diesel

Craig M
01-13-2005, 11:15
Data on this vehicle Posted in the 6.5 section of the Discussion Board. Has the 6.5 with Banks and Gear Vendors unit.

C.K. Piquup
01-16-2005, 08:37
I`d love to hear that thing go.

Robyn
01-17-2005, 15:57
This has got to be a very unusual repower.
I did some talking with a friend here locally and there is a fellow here in town that has a 77 big block car with a 6.5 NA in it with a turbo 700. The things is way kewl. He did a splendid job on the conversion and stuff using all GM parts and pieces and had to do zero modifications to the Body or such so the original value of the chasis are not destroyed should someone choose to restore the car to original big block later. He gets 17-19 MPG around town and 26 on the Hwy.
A very unusual place to find a little GM diesel.

Craig M
01-20-2005, 11:08
Saw a 6.2 in a 80's Cadillac coupe. Fit in the engine compartment just fine. Had to do a little custom work to the transmission crossover for the exhaust. Added a overdrive transmission (similar to a gear vendors) to it and was ready to go!

C.K. Piquup
01-23-2005, 07:30
Here in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay the Watermen run "Bay-Builts"also called"Throw-Aways".They are wooden hull,small cabin,partially(50%)covered deck,open at rear,with a second set of controls along the gunnel.Most use automotive V8s,350s mostly,with stacks bunning straight up off the motor.Sounds cool.I want to put a 6.5TD in one(hi-perf/twin-turbo)and go fishin`n`cruisin`.I`m a truck kinda guy and that`s a truck kinda boat.I`ve had conversations with Matt Koenig about Peninsulars Twin-Turbo,it would be awesome.