PDA

View Full Version : Arveeteks New truck

mhagie
10-31-2003, 17:22
Arveetek, Hows the new truck coming along? got it fixed the way you want? Pics? Share the news with us. :D

arveetek
11-01-2003, 13:19
I got the service body installed a few weeks ago...looks kind of ugly right now. The service body is a deep orange, and the truck is white w/blue stripes. I painted the front of the body before mounting on the chassis, but I haven't had time to get the rest of it painted. I'm going to have to get it sand-blasted, at least on the rear, where there's a lot of surface rust on the lift gate.

It's been running great! Other than having to replace the glow plug relay, I haven't had any problems with the engine. I was getting about 15.5 mpg before installing the service body. Now, with all my tools and wind resistance, it's dropped to about 12 mpg. Still, not too bad for a heavily loaded 1 ton with a 7.3L engine!

I changed the oil last week, and noticed I had a bad tie rod end. It had about an inch of play in it! Kind of scared me. I replaced it, had it aligned, and installed new tires this morning. Handles much better now.

I'll try to get some pics up soon of the service body installed. I sure love working out of this unit. Very, very handy.

I love the Power Stroke engine, but I still have a place in my heart for the 6.2L! I'm keeping her as long as I can!

Casey