PDA

View Full Version : Truck wont start!!

Ray Sharpe
07-03-2005, 17:11
When I went out to start my truck tonite so we could go out for dinner, it fired once and will not start. I tried bleeding air out of the filter, but got the same result, fires once then will not start. I cracked the inj. line on #1 cylinder and cranked it over, and nothing came out. Could this be a bad FSD or more likely the Inj. pump? The lift pump works fine. The truck has 150k miles on it with orig. Inj. pump and injectors. The truck has had a hesitation issue when under heavy throttle on occasion. Any thoughts? smile.gif

diesel65
07-03-2005, 19:06
If it fires once and keeps cranking,it means your passlock system is kicking in, What is your security light doing?
The passlock system is a built in anti-theft system from the factory.
What I have seen go bad is the sensor on the lock cylinder in the steering column.

Hubert
07-04-2005, 05:49
No fuel at injector could be FSD. Mine did that. If the PCM does not like what the FSD communicates it will shut fuel off entirely.

Might try tapping the fuel shut off solenoid lightly while someone cranks it. Also, lightly tap the FSD. Electronics sometimes will come back to life if its a connectivity problem with some persuation.

Unfortuneately, there is no way to really test the FSD except replace it. They have died all sorts of ways.

Ray Sharpe
07-04-2005, 11:47
I'm trying to diagnose the problem now at work. I installed a remote starter on the truck myself about two years ago, so I'm wondering if the bypass for the passlock is screwing up. This is my first approach.

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 04:01
I tried disconnecting the remote starter. No dice. Still wont start. I put the scanner on the truck this morning and there are no codes. Does a bad FSD always set a code? I just realized that the SOL-D is made in Toronto, so hopfully it won't take long to get one if that is indeed the problem. Any more thoughts? Thanks.

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 06:16
Checked the fuel shutoff solenoid. No dice. Going to try OPS next.

Cowracer
07-05-2005, 06:21
Originally posted by RZRSHARP:
Does a bad FSD always set a code? Ususally, a dead FSD will NOT set any codes.

Tim

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 06:29
Thats good to know (I think :confused: )I'm wondering if I should continue looking or just replace the FSD with the SOL-D unit. The truck does have 147k mile on it with original pump and FSD.

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 06:33
BTW, does anybody know how to get rid of the security light? I've tried disconnecting the batteries and clearing the codes, but nothing will get rid of it. I REALLY don't want to take it to the dealer for that.

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 12:43
Just installed the SOL-D FSD. Truck still wont start. :mad: A least I've made the upgrade so the truck will be more reliable when I get it going. Can't say the service from RemarQ wasn't good though. I called them and talked to Chris, he had me order the product online, then he met me partway between my place and his. Had the FSD an hour after I ordered it. That's service. :cool:

Ray Sharpe
07-05-2005, 13:13
Does anybody know how to access the security circuit in the computer? Is this something that only the dealer can do? I'm wondering if the key switch is the problem. I'm really hoping that I don't have to do the fuel pump! :(

HammerWerf
07-05-2005, 15:17
RZR,

Take a look in the "Members Area" of articles. Currently there is an article that describes how to set and disabling the system. Even talkes about what to do if the code is not known.

HammerWerf

Ray Sharpe
07-06-2005, 09:44
Thanks for the suggestion Hammerwerf. I searched the forum for security light and found an article that explained to me how to relearn the key resistance. My truck is now running(although I haven't had it on the road yet). Thanks again to Chris from Remarq Tech. Steve from Steve's diesel, and all the info from TDP. (I think I'm ready for the Grammy's) :D