PDA

View Full Version : Dual transfer cases

SimonUK
01-06-2005, 01:25
Hi guys,

A bit off topic here so I hope you don't mind. Does any know of company that makes adaptors to fit 2 NP208 transfer cases back to back.

I do a lot of freeway miles and the offroading I do doesn't require the double reduction that the rock crawlers love. Also the redundant drive to the front wheels on the reversed transfer box would make an ideal PTO.

I know there are adaptors for fitting a 203 backwards on the TH400 and mating to a 205 but that is not an option over here due to availability. (Rare as hens teeth)

If there are no such adaptors then I will be able to fabricate them but making time for it will be a problem.

Regards Simon.

SimonUK
01-06-2005, 01:35
Sorry about the dual post :confused:

Maybe one day I'll do something right with a PC :rolleyes:

Dieselboy
01-06-2005, 06:09
I've never heard of anybody going for dual 208s. 203/205 combinations are fairly common, and a Klune-V stuck in front of anything seems to work well, too.

If you have access to a machine shop, you might could mill your own, or make a drawing and have it done.

john8662
01-06-2005, 07:25
Simon,

don't worry about the dual post, it's been taken care of :cool:

NH2112
01-06-2005, 13:54
Well, I know it's not an answer to the question you asked, but I think it might be easier and cheaper to find an NP203 and TH400 adapter, since the 203 does have a PTO port. If I'd known this a couple weeks ago I could have GIVEN you the TH400 w/slipyoke NP205 I had sitting at a friend's shop. But, he asked if he could have it to trade for something he needed for the NVG4500 going in his Cummins 3.9L-powered 84' C2500, and I told him sure since I had no use for it. Freight to Scotland wouldn't have been cheap, and the tranny may have needed a rebuild (I was told it ran great before being taken out) but it looks like it would have filled your bill very nicely. I guess I can ask if he got rid of it yet.

SimonUK
01-06-2005, 15:08
Hi Phil thank you very much for the offer. Things are very much in the pondering stage just now.

The reason i was thinking about dual 208's is that's what I have lying round.

I'm also looking at axle ratios and tyre size.

This is the first automatic and American vehicle I've owned so it's very much a learning process trying to economise on fuel.

The good thing about running a CUCV is the hardened injector pump internals which allow you to run on parrafin (kerosene) which is around