PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Quick heat glow plugs

rthomse
01-04-2005, 18:02
If anyone on the forum has a 6.2 thats a little reluctant to start when it gets colder. I highly recomend these! I have an 83 6.2 with 121,000 miles and had a start problem .I was using Champion glow plugs. I then switched to AC 60g's.That was a mistake lots of smoke and 2 -3 try's to start when cold.Ordered the Kennedy plugs .It might turn once!! What a difference.She set up with an 85 controller and a gear reduction starter. High cotton boy's !! :D

nathan71
01-10-2005, 16:10
I took your advice and ordered a set from kennedy's last week, installed them tonight(super fast shipping!!) in my '87 6.2 with 195,000 mi. I was running a set of AC as well, and just thought it was strange that it smoked alot and progressively got harder to start. Granted, I have only started once with the new plugs, but I didn't notice much smoke at all. And it did start much better. Is it possible that any fresh glowplugs would help, or are these that much better? I noticed that the controller kept the plugs on longer for the first cycle.

Is there a recommended interval for changing glowplugs? miles, starts, time, etc...

rthomse
01-12-2005, 06:58
The AC 60 gs burn cooler than the 9 or 11g's so they don't swell and burn up.The Kennedy's are a hotter plug and testers have put a full 12 volts on them for some crazy length of time ,like 15 minutes , without the tips distorting. They also come with a 2 year warranty. Never had a Champion plug set last that long without burning one up.