PDA

View Full Version : %$#%^*$ Banks airbox

Oblin Goblin
12-30-2005, 20:39
Well I should have figured this would happen sooner or later. In fact, I probably don't even have to explain the problem to anyone with a Banks turbo kit. The last time I put the air filter back after checking it, it didn't seal quite right on the bottom edge, and quite a bit of dirt went through the engine. I don't know if this has anything to do with my oil consumption problem, but I'm not happy either way. Anybody with a Banks kit knows what a quality piece that airbox is. A K&N thats too tall for the box its in, that never quite seems to seal right when you close the lid, And a weird shape, so you can't use any element other than that K&N. Of course, I know I am ultimatly to blame since I'm the one that set the filter in the box, but honestly, everytime I closed the lid on that airbox I was never sure if it was going to seal right. I just closed it up and crossed my fingers. I should have just rigged up my own filter set up a long time ago.

catmandoo
01-01-2006, 18:35
i can't argue with that,i totally hate mine.

Dieselboy
01-04-2006, 18:55
I had a similar problem, and fabbed my own filter setup similar to what AFE offers. The turbo whistle is sweet, and I've never looked back.