PDA

View Full Version : DB Starters

cwlehner
11-23-2005, 11:55
Has anyone had any luck with the DB starters that they sell on ebay for $100?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-STARTER-6-2-6-5-DIESEL-HIGHER-TORQUE-6468_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33576QQitemZ801722 1500QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks, Chad

john8662
11-23-2005, 12:19
I'm REALLY afraid of buying one of these starters off of ebay.

I'd email the seller and ask about the Country of Origin, where the product was made.

I'm just pretty confident that these starters are cheap reproduction starters, probably China Made.

See the disussion in the 6.5TD forum about things made in China, there is a HUGE problem with them.

The real 28MT starters were made In Japan, at least thats where the two OEM startes I've had were marked.

coxfmly
11-24-2005, 09:16
I purchased an 28MT model starter from DB Electric a few weeks ago and am very pleased.
I have spoken with the company prior to and after receiving it and they were very helpful.
The starter is new and comes with a test data sheet which shows the specs for the specific starter.
It must weigh half of the original and bolted right up.
I was concerned about buying a model on line ut the cost was right and it comes with a year gaurentee.
I looked up the company and they seem to sell quite a bit of larger diesel components.
The EBay account had thousands of sales so I went for it. I looked for reduction gear starters in my area but was unable to find one for under $225.
I will let everyone know if I run into any issues.

Oh yea,
My old starter never turned my 6.2 over so well.
Hope this helps.

cwlehner
11-29-2005, 10:57
Did it use the original front bracket, or did you have to rig up something different. Also do you have a 6.2 with manula or auto??

Thanks!