PDA

View Full Version : Dr.Lee.... Manifold advice

Dvldog 8793
08-01-2004, 03:45
howdy
You had told me the good manifold to use if I want to remove the deactivated EGR system on my van.(1984 G20 6.2) I can't seem to find that post anymore. Anyways what would the best manifold be for economy (1st) and power (2cnd)? Thanks for the time!
Hope you found your horn relay! Funny how the smallest things can drive a guy crazy! :D
L8r
Conley Janssen

CleviteKid
08-01-2004, 06:11
You want the single plane manifold from a 1988 - 1990 truck. This is best for both economy and power. It just has a big hole in the top and a big plenum, with the eight individual cylinder runners all branching off that plenum.

I have not gone looking again for the horn relay, but the horns are working properly again, so I can put it off until they stick ON again. Happened twice in Montana, so I drove 2900 miles back to Miami with no horn. Didn't even hit the button until I was in Miami, where the horn is an essential piece of safety and communications equipment.

Plus, I have so many extra wires and tubes under the dash from my many modifications, that I may have covered up the horn relay years ago. Oh well, I will find it when I need to.

Dr. Lee :cool:

gmctd
08-01-2004, 08:40
Disconnect the dark green wire at the horns, tap the horn button while listening for the relay 'clicking'.

CleviteKid
08-01-2004, 11:04
Excellent advice, as always, jd.

The Clevite Kid :cool:

gmctd
08-01-2004, 17:55
Well - I just wouldn't rest easy, knowing my Doctor, who prescribes good medicine for my engine, may go hornless in Miami. ;)

panchosteam
08-01-2004, 19:40
I think if the horn gets stuck again, you could take off the center cover on the steering wheel, and check between the round thing that has tree screws holding it, maybe a broken plastic gasket that is between this and the steering wheel,hope it helps.