PDA

View Full Version : Mo' betta' toys!

Dieselboy
07-29-2004, 14:32
Another acquisition for our ongoing 6.5L power project:

I've agreed to purchase a 1993 6.5L NA engine with 80K miles. It comes complete with serpentine accessories, new IP, and that famed 599 block.

I will make the trip to Kansas to pick it up around the middle of August; pics to follow. :D

arveetek
07-30-2004, 06:19
You lucky dog!

I know where you're getting that engine! ;)

I would have jumped on it too, except I don't have any spare change right now, and I don't need ANOTHER diesel engine sitting in my garage!

I'm not sure where Ellsworth is, but I'm only 20 minutes from the Kansas border! I'm probably closer to it than you are!

Casey

Dieselboy
07-30-2004, 12:25
I'm pretty darned excited. Wes (thatk30guy) is a good person to deal with. Ellsworth is almost perfectly due North from Dallas, so it's going to be a fairly quick and straight drive.

We may hotshot this one since the engine will already be pulled by the time we get there.

The best thing about this is that my dad gets the block and heads; I get the injection pump, intake, injectors, and serpentine stuff. So a 130 gpm water pump for the blue machine is in the works.

:D

Dieselboy
08-18-2004, 06:33
There's an update in the 6.5L forum about our newest addition to the growing pile of parts for the power project engine.
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007034