PDA

View Full Version : 6.2L Dead in Seattle

whart
07-20-2004, 21:25
My daughter was cruising through the Seattle area in my 83 Blazer 6.2L. She reports that it was low on fuel and "just quit" like it was shut off. She says there is white under the air filter she does not recall seeing there before. She has driven this truck all over and says it was not low enough to be out of gas, but she added some anyway.

Does anyone have a shop I can trust in the Seattle area. It's only a farm truck, so I need someone who understands that and will still get it running.

NH2112
07-21-2004, 13:40
Well the first thing I'd do would be to turn the key to the "run" position, then remove and hook up the pink wire on the injector pump several times. If it doesn't click, you either have a faulty fuel shutoff solenoid or a break/short somewhere between the solenoid and ignition switch. Use a jumper wire to put 12V to the solenoid and see if it works then. From there I'd check for a blown fusible link and/or bad connections at the starter, junction block on the firewall, and follow that wire through the firewall plug to the ignition switch. What DOES work on the truck?

whart
07-21-2004, 20:35
Thanks.

Bad news ... freeze plug blown, antifreeze and oil everywhere. Probably could get it fixed, but with the mileage and other issues with the engine, it's history.