PDA

View Full Version : Defective Injector return hoses?

mpascino
07-13-2004, 19:20
Hey guys, recently rebuilt my turbo'd 6.2, have about 3500 miles on it with no problems until now. Everything is new. I bought a set of injector return hoses from accurate diesel. Today I started smelling fuel, a lot of it. I looked under the hood and found one of the return hoses had split towards one end. I was able to pull it off and cut it back a enough to make it home without leaking. I took a good look around and for some reason almost every return hose looks as if it's dry rotted already. There are small cracks in almost all 8 hoses. Has anyone else seen this? This is kind of crazy for 3000 miles, and 2 months. The thought of having to pull anything apart for something like this ticks me off. What are other sources for these lines without ordering the $80 napa kit? Any info is appricated.

DmaxMaverick
07-14-2004, 00:15
Sounds typical of the aftermarket rubber hoses. Some work, but most will fail in a short time. I've used them temporarily on occasion, but don't leave them on long. The OEM braid covered hoses outlast them by far.

IIRC, Kennedy (www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/)) has a hose kit for around $25. I don't know if they are the same that you have or braided. Give him a call.

NH2112
07-14-2004, 01:51
You could also get the fuel-rated clear hose and use that for your return lines. It looks cool and will let you easily spot any air bubbles in your system.

mpascino
07-14-2004, 15:29
where do you find clear fuel hose? I can't even find fuel hose that small. I have never seen a braided return hose either, any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike

78Chev
07-14-2004, 17:16
Try motorcycle shops - they had viton (I think) clear tubing that small once when I checked.