PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust recommendations?

88 K30
05-25-2005, 16:37
I am in need of a new exhaust for my crew cab. The entire system is original and is in bad shape. I figure now is the time to replace the puny pipes with something a little more free-flowing, but I don't have much time to fabricate anything. I've found several systems that are 2.25" to 2.5" mandrel bent and are the full system that bolts to the manifolds. I also tried to look at the Banks "Stinger" system, but the only price I found was expen$ive :eek:

Any thoughts/recommendations on a nice fitting aftermarket exhaust that won't take me long to install?

Thanks!

john8662
05-25-2005, 19:14
Where did you find the kit for the 2.5" mandrel besides the 3" mandrel single exhaust offered in the Bank$ kit?

Any plans for a turbo? If not, go with a dual 2.5" mandrel system with an H pipe after the transmission to be used as a balance pipe. But, since your truck is soo long, you might want to upgrade to the 3" :D

88 K30
05-26-2005, 03:44
The 2.5" is a Hooker Super Comepetition setup designed for a small block that I figured could be easily adapted to the 6.2, but all of the others are 2.25" systems.

I have actually never priced the Banks Stinger system, but I might check it. I really don't have a lot of time to hassle with installation.