PDA

View Full Version : RIP - 95 C2500 Suburban 6.5 TD

m-keith
07-12-2004, 03:43
It was totaled in an accident while on vacation in Hot Springs. The other party was held responsible. Once I settle with their insurance company, I'll be looking to replace it with another 95 to 99 diesel 'burban. Any leads would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the truck at this point. As much as I'd like to buy it back, I don't think that'll be economically viable because I'm in Houston. I've been told that if I buy it back, I'm responsible for transport costs to get it back here. So, there maybe a 6.5 TD parts car in the Hot Springs area soon. There are some parts that some of you should definately go after if you're in the area. Once I've confirmed what is to be done with it, I'll provide more details.

EscaladeDiesel
07-12-2004, 04:41
Please let me know about the purchase of entire veh. I have family in Hot Springs Village.

Spindrift
07-12-2004, 05:17
Although I don't believe this Burb falls into your range for model years, someone recently posted that they were putting their truck up for sale. He posted that the vehicle is in great shape. It may be listed in the classified section.

m-keith
07-12-2004, 17:29
I've let the insurance company know that I maybe interested in buying the vehicle back from them. Once they've conveyed an offer to me, I'll let you know the details. Right now, it's at a storage lot in downtown Hot Springs. I'm going to release it to the insurance company tomorrow. They want to take it to one of their facilities so that it'll stop accuring charges at the storage lot. I'm not sure where that will be.

I looked in the classifieds here. There are a couple of trucks that I might be interested in.

slagona
07-13-2004, 11:59
My wife has been advocating the sale of my suburban for the last 2 years - she hates diesels (wish I knew that before we married two years ago). I'm growing weaker by the year..... I hate to sell it, but I may do so in the next 6-8 weeks. She would be happy if I did it sooner.

It's a 1999 GMC K1500 fully loaded with 181K miles. I purchased it with 127K miles 2 years ago. Have had NO mechanical problems with the engine/injection/FSD system. Has a strong engine and drive train. I did a compression test before I purchased it - values were in the range of 430 - 470 IIRC. For pictures and more details email swlag@joimail.com if interested. Reluctantly, I will probably be listing it in the classifieds here in August.

--Scott

m-keith
07-13-2004, 14:02
slagona- You've got mail

EscaladeDiesel- Please e-mail me your contact info at michael.keith@aiminvestments.com

m-keith
07-17-2004, 18:41
Well, I got lucky today & found about as direct a replacement for my totaled Suburban as I could ask for, & it was a local truck. It's a 95 C2500 with a 6.5 turbo diesel; so I don't even have to change my signature. I'll pick it next week once I get the check from the insurance co.

It's actually in much better shape that the old one; so I probably came out ahead in the long run. It's been owned & very well maintained by the same person since Nov '95. It doesn't leak a drop of anything anywhere.