PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

mistaboins
06-14-2004, 11:23
i believe i shorted out my electrical system on my '84 chevy suburban, (6.2) the wire from the alt. to the battery grounded out and now i have no power anywhere in the vehicle, i've checked my first battery, and all my fuses, and they are all ok, i will check the second battery tomorrow. but after that i am at a loss as to what to do.

Subzilla
06-14-2004, 12:17
Check the fusible link at the firewall power supply lug right behind the air cleaner. I had one that broke and caused the no power situation.

shamanie
06-14-2004, 19:17
Originally posted by Subzilla:
Check the fusible link at the firewall power supply lug right behind the air cleaner. I had one that broke and caused the no power situation. Fusible Link.....also had this problem, My interior dome light would come on and the lights worked but everything else had no pulse whatsoever.

jcomp
06-14-2004, 20:04
IIRC, there is also a fusible link at the starter solenoid connection. I think the main power tap for the vehicle is down there somewhere.

gavio
06-15-2004, 08:37
Yep, I once did the same thing accidentally while tightening an alternator belt - it weakened the fusible link so that it actually failed on me later (on the freeway in the rain, of course). Replaced the links and problem solved.

Good luck!