PDA

View Full Version : BAE turbo

spitfirenut
05-04-2005, 03:06
Anybody heard of a BAE turbo kit for a 6.2? I pulled one off of an 86 in a boneyard last Saturday. It has a Rotomaster T04B RM14 turbine with and A/R of 85 on the side going to the intake. Anyway I got the manifold, turbo, cap for intake, EGT guage and all associated plumbing for $100. The turbine isn't seized so I should be OK on the deal.
Don

odee
05-07-2005, 03:39
how does the exhaust crossover to the turbo side manifold on the BAE kit? Is the turbo mounted forward in the engine bay? I piecing parts together for a turbo swap in my 80 model dually with a/c. The 6.5 parts I have will make it really tight from what I have been told.

spitfirenut
05-07-2005, 13:41
The turbo is mounted forward and the crossover comes forward under the motor mount and then across under the balancer. Unfortunately, that was one piece that I couldn't coerce out of the old truck, but I should be able to make one up pretty easily. GMCTD is the one that figured out the trick to using GM factory pieces. I believe he switched the AC box out for one out of an S10. My understanding is that the AC box is the only problem with the later model turbo in an earlier truck, non AC trucks supposedly work OK. Good luck, keep us posted on your progress.
Don