PDA

View Full Version : Ricor filter

coxfmly
04-26-2005, 18:33
I have replaced the frame mounted fuel filter with a Racor filter (R45S-2 micron). I am still using the fire wall unit as a secondary unit.
I have had to replace the fire wall filter due to water contamination while the frame mounted unit has never has a drop in it.
Would it be possible that the frame unit was incorrectly installed and is receiving the back flow fuel?
I have taken it back top the shop which installed it and they say everything is fine. They still cant answer the question of how the water made it to the secondary unit while bypassing the primary unit.

Also what would be a good interval to change out the fuel filters?
I had been changing them every year with about 12,000 miles of fuel through them.

When changing them I should ensure that no air exists in the filter correct? I had filled the units with fuel and then replaced them. I had never "bled" the filter with the bleeder screw.
Since I have an auxiliary electric pump should I open the bleeder valve and purge the line prior to starting it up?

Any thoughts?

BobND
04-26-2005, 21:00
It should be easy enough to see which line the Racor is installed in... the correct (supply) line is 3/8", and the return line is much smaller 1/4", I believe.