PDA

View Full Version : Cab harness Q

snoman87
12-08-2004, 08:31
I was going to take the cab harness out of my 83' Blazer (C/PW/PL) and install it into the CrewCab when I swapped in the diesel.

I have access to an 86' 6.2 pickup (Cruise/Air). How compatable is and 83' 6.2 engine and accessories (incuding glow plug controler) and 86' 6.2L cab wire harnesses.

john8662
12-08-2004, 11:11
I don't know about the cab harness.

For the engine harness the glow plug circuits are different from 83 and 86. You would be doing yourself a favor going with the 85+ glow system though. You could certainly wire the 83 engine with the 86 wiring harness, but use the glow plug controller and inhibit switch from the 86 setup. The A/C stuff should still work with an 83 compressor, its just one big green wire and a ground. I think the only gotcha with the complete harness is some of the early trucks had a different location for the windshield washer motor. The later models had the motor with the tank.

snoman87
12-08-2004, 11:27
the 86' is just a cab ... it doesn't have the glow plug system I would have to use the 83' on a momentary switch until I can sourse out a 85+ style. So it should work then

The Blazer (atually Jimmy) donar vehicle doesn't have A/C so I don't have the pump but I figured it's just a power and ground to engage and disengage the pummp.