PDA

View Full Version : Help , CUCV wont stay running

K10ANDY
11-28-2004, 14:33
Warning this may be a long post !

I have 2 83 m1008 k-30s . I bought one for the engine the other to put the engine in . the running
truck ran fine ,save an injector knock . so i finally got them swapped and it ran fine until the other the day the new batteries took a dump . So I got it running and then i guess I ran it out of fuel
and then I bled it all 8 injectors and now it wont stay running . It will die and start right back up again and then slowly idle down and die . same thing everything time . could I have a plugged fuel filter ? Help , please Im about to get it registered and want to drive it . thanks -Andy :confused:

More Power
11-29-2004, 15:39
You may want to have a look at the online Troubleshooting Guide (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/guide.htm).

MP

K10ANDY
11-29-2004, 16:14
Thank you . I missed that. :rolleyes: @ me

[ 11-29-2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: 6-2 CHUCKVEE ]

TanM998
11-30-2004, 15:33
you still have air in the fuel system. My best suggestion is, if you have a helper, to remove the feed line to the injector pump and while cranking once fuel comes out to install it to the injector pump and the truck should run fine after that.

With my Humvee, I have tried to bleed at the injectors in the past and have ONLY had sucess when I do this procedure. If it STILL dies, then its time for a clear tube to see where the air is getting in...

Scott
'85 Tan M998 W/CTIS

K10ANDY
11-30-2004, 23:16
hey thanks . ill try that even tho i dont have a helper . i should fix my battery situation first . they wont hold a charge . :mad: